CHAPTER 25

When we get back everything is the same. The car is still parked, like we didn't leave.

My heart is still beating a hundred miles per minute. I feel Sawyer behind me but I don't dare look back.

I kissed him. Not only him but his brother. I can't hurt Jospeh more, the disappointment after he finds out will be unbearable.

"Hey, wait up." Sawyer calls out but I ignore him and run to the car.

I'm out of breath and Jospeh turns to me when I swing the car door open, I lean against the side of the seat.

"Hey." He says with a smile.

"Can I sit in the front?" I ask.

"You want me to be back there with her?" He asks incredulous.

I let out a breathy laugh.

"She's not that bad. Besides she'll be asleep the whole time." I shrug, giving him my best puppy eyes.

His eyes squint in suspicion before sighing out loud and taking his seat belt off.

"Fine."

I smile, "Thank you."

I turn around to close the door but bump into Sawyer in the process.

I thought I left him far behind. I'm startled by his presence and quickly look up at him, catch his creased eyebrows as he stares at me with concern.

I swiftly look away before he can say anything, mumble a quick sorry and gracefully move around him.

I take the front seat and Evan stares at me.

"What?" I question. My face tinges pink. He knows. He definitely knows. I put my seat belt on to distract myself and when I look up Evans eyes are full of suspicion.

"Nothing." He smiles. He knows.

I sink further into my seat. He knows, I don't know how but he does.

I try sleeping, but the road is bumpy that every time I try leaning against the window my head bounces against it. And I don't want to push my seat all the way back because Avery is right behind me.

When we get to the air port Evan parks in a random parking lot and we all make our journey inside.

I avoid Sawyer at all cost. I try staying with Avery which works out but every once in a while she starts a conversation with Evan.

When everyone is standing in line I sneak away from the group to use the bathroom. I've been holding my pee for too long. The line isn't too long, everyone is with a duffle bag or suitcase. It's strange that we have nothing to travel with.

I stand by the sink ready to wash my hands and as soon  as I look down, I feel dizzy. I hold onto the sink, feeling my feet sway beneath me. For a moment I think it's an earthquake but no one around me seems to be panicking.

"First time flying?" An elderly woman standing next to me asks.

It's not my first time but my first time remembering a flight. I just have this feeling someone is going to recognize me from the news.

I turn to her, and the bright lights from the restroom cause my eyes to squint.

"Yeah." I hesitantly smile at her.

"Don't worry I am too. What helps me is a sleeping pill. I have some if you want some. Just pop it into your mouth." She pauses and searches her bag. "Just pop it into your mouth and drink lots of water and you'll sleep the whole way through." She tells me, She hands me a small packet of two pills and I grab them from her.