CHAPTER 6

I remember waking up groggy a few times, but convincing myself I'm at home in bed. I would wake up and scream, "It's time to wake up." But I would be confused as to why and fall back unconscious.

I finally wake up, remembering that I'm not in my comfy bed, but locked in a cellar. I lie there, trying to help my brain to be less confused. My heart races as soon as I realize I'm engulfed in darkness and I'm alone. The air down here is thick. I can't breath, and I'm dripping in sweat.

I try calling for help, but my lips are sealed shut, my mouth too dry to move. I close my eyes and try to calm down. I reopen and squint, but no matter how hard I try to focus, I can't see a thing.

That mentally deranged bitch! I can't believe she knocked me out and locked me down here. I never thought in a million years something like this would happen. Even calling someone that name sounds funny in my brain, but that name fits perfectly for Avery.

Now I'm locked down. I'm so stupid, how could I have followed her down here? Why did I trust her so easily? Dammit.

Who knows how long until someone will find me? How much time has even passed? Someone has to find me, right?

I try sitting up, my brain feeling heavy. I sway, feeling dizzy as I slowly stand up. I hear a gentle hum and a few minutes later a loud droning beep.

I grab the matches from my pocket and light it up. I try finding the exit, ignoring the weird noises coming from behind me. There's so much junk down here, that I'm a little lost. I can't see two feet in front of me. I can barley walk without feeling dizzy.

I close my eyes trying to calm my breathing. We only walked straight, how hard can this be. The humming noise gets louder and I turn around and strain my ears to hear.

Damn you curiosity....

I turn back around and slowly walk toward the noise. My hands are stretched out so I won't bump into anything. I know I'm heading in the right direction when the drone like noise beeps louder.

My hands touch a wall, and I feel the wall vibrating, as my hand flattens against it. I take out another match and strike it. The small amount of light only shows me a concrete wall, and the match burns my finger and I drop it to the ground, it burns out.

I walk further to my right and strike another match, the vibration feels stronger the more I move down and I feel a dip, an entry way. I light up another match and see a door handle. I slowly open it and find a light switch.

The light is dim, not giving off much light and I see long case file drawers. News papers are covering the wall and I pull one down.

The date of the news paper was when I was about three years old. How two scientists died in a freak accident. I open up a drawer and I see files of different people from all over the world.

The droning noise starts up and I swiftly turn behind me. Another door....

I walk over and open it, and the sight in front of me, makes me want to scream. And I do, once I realize that there are dead bodies, at least I think they're dead. They're all in tanks filled with liquid, floating. Wires are connected to them and I scream when one of the bodies eyes open.

I run out of there, "Help! Someone help me!" I yell. I close the door behind me and I'm engulfed in darkness again. Chills run up and down my body and I feel like those bodies are following me.

The machine noise gets louder, startling me and I fall to the floor, my knees scraping the ground hard. The smell of dirt all over me. I sit there not knowing what to do and for a second I feel like those bodies are banging at the door, screaming to be let free.