CHAPTER 43

Today isn't a good day, at all. I feel like the whole world is against me and I want to scream or punch a wall.

I don't bother with my appearance and walk downstairs. My mouth is dry and my hunger comes and goes. I need water.

When I make my way into the kitchen, I don't bother greeting anyone, water is the only thing on my mind.

I check to see if there are cold water bottles in the fridge. When I spot some way in the back I try maneuvering everything that is on the way. I finally reach the last water bottle and pull it out, but as soon as I do that I accidentally bump the milk carton and all it's liquid comes rushing out and onto the floor.

"For fucks sake!" I scream as I stand in the puddle of milk. I slam the refrigerator. I huff out, grunting at the situation. All I want is water and this happens?

When I close the refrigerator shut, all eyes are on me. Sawyer is already getting a mop and a rag to help clean the mess I made.

"Someone's on their period." Avery mutters, loud enough for me to hear. Her intention the whole time.

"Mind your own damn business, Avery." I snap. Avery stares at me, too shocked to speak.

Sawyer pulls me down to his level, and hands me a rag.

"What is wrong with you?" It is a legitimate question, that deserves an honest answer; I just don't know exactly what is going on.

"Nothing is wrong." He's the the second person I snap at. He eyes me warily, he opens his mouth to say something but we're interrupted.

"You guys need help?" Jospeh asks, Sawyer and I both stare up at him. He peers down at us, waiting for an answer.

"Here." I rudely hand Jospeh the wet rag. " I need to change my socks, they're soaked." I maneuver around them, Sawyer grabs my ankle and I stop. I turn to look down at him, I raise an eyebrow and he squeezes my ankle.

"Yes?" I narrow my eyes.

"We need to talk." Sawyer lets go of my ankle and stands tall.

"When I say no, it means no." I bite.

Sawyers expression goes from sweet to hard within seconds. Again, he eyes me, observing me. He clenches his jaw. He seems like he's going to say something, his attention moves to everyone in the room.

"That's what I thought." The words seem bitter to my mouth, but he boils my blood. This growing anger inside me is unbearable. The more I look at Sawyer the more I'm reminded that he brought me into this mess. He took me away from my family, all for what? To protect me? It just doesn't add up.

I take off my socks and throw them in the dirty hamper. I need to cool off, a nice shower will help.

The shower does nothing to ease my anger. I have a date in two hours and I'm still sitting in my damp towel staring off into space.

I don't know if Sawyer knocked before coming into my room or not, but he's standing in front of me. My eyes slowly travel to his face, he seems almost worried. His eyebrow draws together and he bites his lip.

"Get out, Sawyer." I lowly say and I mindlessly stare at the ground.

"Not until you tell me what's making you angry." He shakes his head, denying my request for him to leave.

"I swear to God." I grab my towel closer to me and push Sawyer out of the way. Of course my pushing does nothing, not even a sway from his part.

"Are you okay?" His green eyes soften as he tries to figure out what's going on.