CHAPTER 68

Sawyer has been in a weird mood. He seems happy almost and it's freaking me out.

"Hey, Opal, do you want pancakes?" Sawyer asks. I look around for Nancy but she's no where to be found.

"It's too early." I yawn and slump into kitchen table chair.

"You sure? They're chocolate chip..." I placed a few on a plate and puts it right in front of my face. The smell is gross and I scrunch my nose,

"No thanks."

He shrugs, "If you say so."

It's been a rough few days. Both Sawyer and Drew have made up but I'm not sure if it's genuine. I think it's a front to make me feel better. 

Sawyer sits across from me. I can feel him eyeing me every time he takes a bite.

"You okay?" He asks and I zone back in.

"Yeah, just really sleepy." I yawn again.

He nods and takes another bite. "Today is going to be a busy day, wanna come?" He asks and I look at him.

"Go with you to run errands?" I question and he nods, still chewing his food.

"Can I shower first?" I question.

"Ten minutes." He says, looking down at the time on his phone.

"Twenty!" I shout as I run to take a shower.

About half an hour later we are out the door. It's a little chilly outside so I'm wearing a black turtleneck with a brown jumper on top and black jeans. I'm kind of excited to see what Sawyer does.

"I never thought you do normal people stuff." I say as I put my seatbelt on. "You're always so secretive."

I don't notice he's wearing a dressy light blue shirt and slacks. I feel underdressed.

"Was I supposed to wear something nice?" I question, he pulls out of the drive way.

"No." He says and I nod.

We drive in comfortable silence when Sawyer pulls into a bank.

"Sawyer at a bank. Weird." I mutter. He parks his car and we both get off. I'm surprised when he scoops my hand into his. I don't stop it, his warm hands warm me up.

"Just here to deposit a large check." He says. I forget Sawyer is really rich.

"How do you make so much money?" I question.

"I never told you?" He asks confused.

"Nope."

"Well I'm a doctor. I help create medicine." He says like that answers my question.

I nod.

"Do you think...." I stop talking when I'm interrupted my a large burley man.

"Mr. Pierce. Long time no see." He goes in for a handshake completely ignoring me.

"Morning." Sawyer smiles, shaking his hand.

"What can I help you with today?" The old man asks and Sawyer shows him a folder. The old mans smile falls and he quickly points to a door.

Sawyer walks ahead of me.

"Girl. Get us both a coffee." The old man demands and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I question.

"You're his assistant aren't you girl? Get us both a hot coffee." He repeats again, slower, as if I'm stupid.