Baby 3

Emerald

"Hey baby" Sloane came out side to help me with the nous when we got to the club.

"Look at you looking how you looking!" He said picking up both of the boys. It made them think that he was the strongest man in the world.

"I look like a pregnant women who doesn't know if she wants to have sex or if my water broke." I was frustrated to say the least.

"You are beautiful. And you at my pregnant woman." He watched me walk in to the club. He kissed my cheek as I passed him.

"Babe when is the last time you talked to Nate?" I asked as I put my own food order in. I glanced up at him thankful that he was back to the person I loved. I tried not to I've him too much praise but he definitely deserved it.

"Not to long ago. Maya called me looking for him and or turns out he was at the town house." He said as if it was normal.

"Exactly. You don't find that odd?" I asked  watching Khalil run up to the stage like normal. I took a look at the bar books while we spoke.

"Should I?" He asked causing me to look up at him.

"What did he tell you?" I asked wondering if he was even listening. He packed up from the bar and gathered his thoughts.

"He called me and told me that he went over there and though he was there and he..." Sloane paused.

"Exactly." I knew that the conversation came to his mind.

"Is my brother fucking your sister?" He laughed as of it was a joke.

"I think so." I said stating my real opinion. At first I couldn't imagine it but it started to make since.

"Really? I mean the timeline wouldn't add up. This isn't the first time." He said picking Nasir up.

"It's not?" I realized he knew something I didn't.

"Look I did t think anything of it when he said he had been there." I closed the books and leaned on to the bar as I got a shooting pain. I tried to make the fact that I was in pain.

"Are you going in to labor?" He gave me a look.

"No." I lied as the back door opened.

"How long have you been having contractions?" He asked knowing I was lying. Sloane left earlier than me and wouldn't have know that I was in pain this morning.

"We are closed" Sloan said as I walked around the bar.

"I'm Dectective Barns. Are you Slaone Thomas?" He asked walking towards us both. We looked at each other as my pain intensified. I began to think that I had pains when I dropped Erin off at the car detailer.

"Yeah." He said standing up. I made my way over to him to take Nasir. I watched them shake hands as the detective scanned the club. I though that this had to be a joke but then I remembered who I was married to.

"What's going on?" I asked as we made the exchange. I hoped that this man wasn't going to say that he was involved in something stupid.

"And you are?" He asked.

"My wife and she is having contractions so can we make this fast?" Sloane answered knowing I was going to use a few choice words.

"Simon Randle was found last night. You may know him as Sy... Does he work here?" The officer looked at the both of us as I called for Khalil.

"Yeah. He is one of my bouncers but more importantly my friend. He didn't come in last night though." Sloane answered.

"Found? What do you mean found?" I asked.

"He was shot multiple time in front of a corner store, off of 18th." He said. That was one of the stores that Deontay used as a front when we were younger.

"I told his ass to stay off the block man. Is he ok at least."

"He is in critical condition.His family says he works her and should have been here. Any proof?" The man asked.

"Sy is an employee. He clocks in and out like everyone else." He walked the man to the screen behind the bar and showed the time stamps.

"Do you know anyone who may have wanted him dead?" Sloane thought for a minute.

"No. I mean he wouldn't hurt anyone. He is a teddy bear, a family man for real." Sloane told the truth. Sy gets active when needed but all in all he was a jelly bean. He was like a god dad to the boys and even though he made questionable choices in women he was family.

"Mommy." I looked down at Khalil as he tapped my leg.

"We have to wrap this up." Sloane looked at me as a contraction knocked the wind out of me.

"That was less than 5 minutes." He looked at me, upset that I took so long to say anything. There was no use in going to the hospital to get sent home.

"Yep, thanks for keeping count." He walked over to me taking Nasir and grabbing Khalil's hand."

"I'd be happy to give you an escort to the hospital." The detective said notice that this wasn't a joke.

"Um sure thank you." I inches towards the door as Sloane called Adrienne.

"Hey are you up stairs." I heard him ask as he multitasked. The detective opened the back door of the club for us.

"We don't even have the furniture yet." I said as I grabbed his hand.

"E is having the baby so I won't be here for opening. I'm leaving now." He said in the phone. I got myself in to the truck so he could focus on getting the boys in their seats. I watched him just to make sure he didn't rush.

"We will worry about the furniture when we get you to the hospital."