Blessing

Sloane

"Are you ok?" We were halfway to the hospital and able to bypass all the traffic due to the officer's help.

"I'm ok." She said looking back at the boys and then to the gruesome car accident that caused all the traffic.

"That what you said before you when in to labor and that wasn't true." I said to take my mind off of the roadside crash. Even with a quick glance I could see that there was likely a few fatalities.

"The shot hurts Sloane. Hurts like a bitch." She yelled causing me to pay attention to the road even more as we got closer to the hospital.

"Well thanks to officer what's his name he turned a 25 minute trip in to a 10 minute trip."  I pointed out.

"I want you to park. Don't leave me." She looked at me as we pulled on to the hospital grounds. With the birth of our last son I had to park way in the garage.

"Are you sure? Can you walk?" I was concerned after pulling in to the parking lot instead of up to the hospital entrance. I though about having to carry the boys.

"PARK THE FUCKING CAR." I shut up knowing that she had a lot going on. It took about two minutes for me to find a good spot. I got out immediately to the back to get the boys I held Khalil's hand before walking over to the passenger side in order to pick up Nasir.

"I got them." I said as I helped her out of the truck. She reached for Nasir which slowed down the process. I looked up to see where the officer went and he was no where in site.

"Do you need a chair." A security guard asked from a cross the way. She continued to take steps as Khalil yelled back to the security guard.

"Yes." I heard him say. I held E's free hand as she held her belly.

"E you don't have to walk. Let the man get the chair." She continued to walk towards the side walk.

"Hurry up" Khalil stomped his foot at the man moved as fast as he could to get to us. When he did she was able to sit down and be wheeled in to the hospital.

"Khalil." E laughed through her pain.

"Shit." She stopped and stretched her back.

"I should've listened to your ass I should have parked at the door." I said watching her struggle.

"Fuck you."

"E relax" I said as we were able to get her across the street and in to the lobby of the hospital.

"Thank you so much." I said to the guard as the nurses took over. It took a little bit for me to get the paper work and everything together with the boys and all.

"They are so cute." The nurse said as we wrapped up and she showed me to the room they took her to.

"Thank you." Khalil said to her as if he was used to the compliment. As soon as I walked in I knew I was going to have to call one of her sisters to look after the boys.

"We may be here a while." She explained what the doctor said before her phone rang.

"Nasir you cold?" He refused to let me put him down.

"This is she." I heard her say.

"She is my daughter." She out the phone on speaker. Once she did a female's voice filled the room from the phone.

"You are listed as her next of kin. Unfortunately her foster parents..."

"Don't say a car crash." She cut the lady off putting every thing together. She laid her head back. I called her sister and asked how fast she could get to the hospital to take the boys. There was a lot more to worry about now.

"Unfortunately yes. Leila is currently getting checked out at Mercy Hospital." The lady said as Erin and Erica told me that they were on the way.

"I'm in Mercy." She said.

"Are you capable of being Leila's parent? Are you in a less busy that favorable condition?" The lady asked now sounding concerned. A part of me was nervous about possibly having a daughter. I would want E to be anything but a mother to her daughter and my heart was open to it.

"I'm in labor. I'm fine I want to take her." She assured the lady as she talked about next steps. I tried to listen and keep the Khalil out of the cabinets.

"Do you want me to leave?" I asked no knowing what to say.

"Can someone come get them I don't want them to see me like this. Please don't leave." She said before going back to the city conversation.

"I'm her biological mother I was 17 when I had her and we had a pretty open adoption. I knew that if anyone happened to them I got full custody." She silent my broke down as I walked over to the hospital beds. She leaned in to my as I brought her in to a side hug. She had every right to be emotional. She was having a baby and then just found out the foster parents of her first biological child Died in a car accident. On top of that, we drove past your side of the car accident on the way to the hospital and had no clue. I was willing to follow her lead on this one and started think about having to find away about to add on to the house for a new room for Leila. We were definitely going to have to turn on five bedrooms into six.

I don't want her to go to a home or anything like that. is she able to go home with my sister until I am discharged in the hospital?" She asked the lady.

"Erica and Erin James will be able to keep her for the night while I give birth." What are the odds that some shit like this happened to her right now.

"This is definitely a special circumstance. Because Leila asked for you... I will let happen." She said taking a weight off of E's shoulders.

"She asked for me? Is she ok?" I continued to hold her.

"She seems to be just fine. There isn't a visible scratch on her and outside of dealing with the death of her adoptive parents they haven't found anything wrong with it."

"That's a blessing." I kissed her forehead as a contraction swept through