Sit down

Emerald

"Lacey I can't." She continued to push me to leave the hotel and go home.

"E have you talked to the girl?" I rolled my eyes and she helped me figure my shit out.

"She will be here tomorrow." I said as the hotel phone rang.

"Oh so this is serious." She said looking directly into the phone.

"Hell yeah. Hold on Lacey."  I said before reaching over to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I said confused as to why the front fest was calling me at almost 5am. I looked to the balcony door to see the sun peeking through.

"My apologies Ms.Thompson there is a Mr. Thompson here to see you. Should we send him up?" A chipper voice said from the other end of the phone. I took a deep breath and looked at my phone to see Lacey laughing.

"Sure." I said plainly before waiting for the desk attendants response and hanging up.

"What the fuck is funny?" I asked her as she continued to laugh.

"I don't know what you did to that man but he is crazy about you. Talk to your husband." Lacey continued to be on his side.

"If this is his baby I'm not sure if I am going to be able to take that. He literally had a baby on me." I said getting angry all over again.

"He took in Leila. Now he is going to have to deal with you communicating with her father and you know he is sensitive." She pointed out.

"That's different. I was a kid and her adoptive parents died and I wasn't going to let her go in to the system when her biological parents are alive and well. You know he thinks she may be his." I said.

"Is she?" She asked as Sloane knocked on the room door.

"No." I said firmly.

"E please don't put on a show for me. Y'all are going to argue for 20 minutes, he is gone end up kissing on you, and then boom." She paused.

"Boom?"

"You are going to let him creep up inside you and the rest is history." She smiled.

"E please open the door." I heard him say. I took a deep breath.

"Don't flex for me. That's love right there and it's different from what we have. Having baby on you is fucked up but it won't end y'all's marriage. Y'all will have a rough patch and that's it." She told me.

"What we had?" I wanted to make sure that I heard her correctly.

"We loved what we did for each other E. I like this friendship it feels normal. He have love for each other but we couldn't love each other the way we should have." She said comport changing my perspectives.

"You are right. But..." I paused hearing him knock again.

"Talk to him."

"Bye Lacey." I rolled my eyes as I got out of the bed and slowly walked over to the door. Once I swung it open Sloane stood there in a sweatsuit and slides. He took his hood off as tried my hardest not to look him in his eyes.

"What's up? It's 5 am." I asked still struggling to look away.

"What's up? E don't do that. You been up all night?"

"Where are my kids Sloane?" I asked him while leaning on the door.

"They are fine. You gone make me stand in the hallway to talk to you?" I snatch away from him as he tried to grab me.

"I don't want to talk to your ass at all. The only reason that I let them send you up is because I didn't want them to put your ass out. Opening the door is already a stretch." I stepped out looking up and down the hall way before letting him in.