Cut

Emerald

"Emmy we aren't leaving. I will sit out here all night." I heard my mother say. No one has called me Emmy I'm years. I'll admit it pulled on my heat strings. I looked up to the second level reminding myself that the boys were a sleeping. Then I thought about Nate coming over and how Erin was about to be a reck.

"Shit." I sucked it up and put on a pair of shoes.

"Where are you going?" Erin asked as I walked in to the kitchen.

"Your mother and miserable ass sister are out side and obviously don't understand the words coming out of my mouth." I said heading back towards the front door. As I opens it I realized how long the drive way was. I tried to take some time to relax but as I got closer to Erica's care I got even more upset.

Once they realized it was me they got out of the car.

"What the hell is wrong with y'all. I hav had two kids and moved twice and now you want to take the time to come out here. With out an apology I might add." I said standing about a foot away from the gate.

"Emmy I didn't know." My mother said.

"Both of your daughters came to the hospital and Dad came to Nasir's 1st birthday. How did you not know?" I asked her.

"I wanted to hear it from you." She said which I understood but still upset by. I noticed Nate pull up. I manually opened the side of the gate that wasn't blocked from the key bad. He gave me a look to make sure I was ok and I assured him I was as the gate closed behind him.

"You can let who ever that is in but not your blood!" I heard Erica as Nate drive to the front of the house.

"Look, I told you both that I'm not going to allow you to disrespect my husband in any aspect and you continue to do it. He is my kids father..." I stared before I was interrupted.

"Look at how he has treated you! Look at how he treats your family!" Erica began to yell.

"Y'all have never gave him a chance and y'all didn't have any to say about how Tay treated me when he was paying y'all's bills. Like I said if y'all are ok then go ahead and leave. Don't pull any shot like this again." I said be fire walking a way. I tuned what ever they were saying out and made my way back up to the house. The walk back turned out to be a hell of a work out. I walked in to the door and was able to hear Erin talking to Nate.

"She followed me to your house. Then she checked the bank statement and found out I was spending money at stores nowhere near our house." He said giving her the run down. I was able to calm down a lot in order to listen.

"Nate I told you that I..." Erin said softly. I could tell the she was crying.

"Baby I was living there and we were fucking so why would I take the time to make sure the fridge was stocked and you had what you needed? I don't care about the money." He said as I decided that it was time for me to go upstairs. There situation was a lot deeper than I thought.

As I made it to the top of the stairs I saw Sloane about to lay Nasir down.

"How did it go?" He whispered before he tip toed out of the room.

"It didn't." I said as he walked closer to me.

"Listen E I just choose not to get in the middle of you and your sisters. Your mom is I whole different ball game you know?" He asked. His voice was low and raspy.

"I get it. I never know what I am going to with them. We can figure it out later" I said as I untied the draw string to his sweat pants.

"Later? So what do you want now?"