11. Nasir

Emerald

Nasir was born beautiful and healthy. It at has been a little over a month and I was finally able to relax.

"Nate I have told you and your brother multiple times that I'm not coming back. I'm fine in my little town home with my boys." Sloane was shocked when I left the house. I was far from stupid and I always saved my money. I kept all of my certifications and licenses up-to-date just in case I needed to go back to nursing. I was able to move almost immediately after having the baby in to my own home.

"Well can yuh at least talk to him. It's been too long and I can't take it." I know that it must be hard dealing with his brother full time but I couldn't care less. I did feel bad for Nate and Maya who had been a big help when it came to swapping the kids.

"I know he had to take care of Vaughn after beating him half to death. Vaughn has told me everything including how good his nurse was. So when he is ready to be honest about fucking that girl while I was pregnant we don't have anything to talk about." I looked down at Nasir. He looked more like his father then Khalil who was about to hit two years old.

"Emerald he wasn't fucking that girl..." I cut him off.

"I'm to old to be beating young bitches up. Vaughn told me her name and told me she was definitely trying it. He is still a man an I know something happened Nate."

"He was sitting in that office just as depressed and funky as he is now because he did some shit that he wasn't supposed to. It's hard to just stop... it's hard to stop doing street shot even when you have another option and he tried E. This time he was just in too deep. Let's say in some random world she... I don't know, sucked his dick. It wouldn't matter E, it didn't mean anything because he loves you more than he loves himself." Nate always told the truth about his brother. He was the one who taught me how to let track of Sloane's meds and even told me about his medical history. Nate warned me about all of the hidden parts of his brother prior to me taking him seriously.

"Nate I don't know. I could have stayed with my ex if I wanted to go through this. Both of y'all could be full of shit." In my heart I know Tay would have gotten his shit together this time.

"Emerald he will die without you. The guilt still eats him alive even though he told you." I glanced over at Khalil as held in to the bar attached to his trampoline and bounced. The joy in his gave me hope for better days.

"It is really sad how someone can fight for you so hard and still fuck up a good thing." I didn't want Khalil to see my cry. At the slightest sight of a tear my baby will drop everything to come wipe them away. He would lay his little head on my chest until he felt me calm down.

"I'm not saying he is right but I'm saying let him talk to you. He is outside." He let the last part of his sentence trail off. I gave him the look of death.

"Nate, are you serious?" The main purpose of this arrangement was so that his brother didn't now where I was staying until I was ready.

"Emerald please. I'll kill his ass if I have to keep dealing with him. Let me hold the baby." He passed me the keys to his car.

"Nate I can't."

"Can't or won't?" He asked making sure he supported the baby's head.

"What is me talking to your brother going to solve?" I walked over to Khalil checking his diaper. I kissed his chubby cheeks with out interrupting his bounce which made him laugh uncontrollably.

"You can't even say his name." Nate noticed.

"Dada" Khalil screamed as we spoke.

"I'm sure your wife wouldn't be able to say yours either." I snatched the keys walking outside. Nate's car was parked half way down the block making it harder and harder for me to continue. Once I got to the car I didn't even recognize him. His hair had grown out to a curly fro much like our son's. He had a full beard and it looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. As soon as he say me he popped out of the car.

"Listen I'm only out here because Nate begged me." I folded my arms when he tried to touch me.

"You let that girl suck your dick. Joy right? I told Nate I'm to old to be beating bitches up but I'll beat your ass from here to California..." I knew that Nate said what he said for a reason.

"And I would let you" He cut me off with tears in his eyes.

"I deserve to go through what ever you want me too if it means you're going to come back home." I raised my hand back and I threw my hand forward as hard as I could, whipping it across his face. The crack of skin contacting skin rippled through the air. Vibrations of pain started in my palm and spread all the way to my finger tips. My palm turned bright red, the same red mark that matched the one on his face. I should have felt bad but instead I couldn't stop. I slapped him again and before I knew it my face was we from tears of rage. Sloane took every blow before slamming me in to his chest.

"Please come home." We both stood in the middle of the block full on crying.

"I don't want to end it but I can't keep... you aren't going to disrespect me..."  I managed to say through my brake down. I hated the fact that I came out here with the intention to be strong and it when out of the window.

"You still wear your ring. I'm still in your heart somewhere baby." I looked down at my ring finger noticing that I didn't even try to take it off.

"It can't be that fucking easy. You are still a liar who doesn't even deserve this conversation. I mean after all I have done for you you still..."

"Still need you. I still need you"

"You should have acted like it then Sloane!" I snatched a way from him. I looked behind me to see if I was too loud.