Nice

Sloane

"It really is beautiful here." E said as we pulled up to the appointment with the realtor.

"So was you talking to him about Leila your way of considering staying?" I asked. E turned her face up. Once she took a deep breath I took the time to speak.

"A lot more thought needs to be put in to this." She replied.

"Baby I know it's across the country but I need you and my babies." We pulled up to the building and I let out a yawn. E and I were both tired and had spent a lot of time walking around and shopping. Shopping for us ended up turning into shopping for the kids and then for the house.

"Let's see how this goes." She said as the driver got out of the truck to open her door. We hopped out of the car and walked straight in to the building. We are met met by the realtor who instantly started a conversation.

"Hello. It's so nice to meet you. Samira Hines." She reached out to shake E's hand first. It took a little bit after she looked her up and down for her to crack a smile.

"Hello Samira." E looked Samira up and down and then looked at me. She pressed her tongue to her cheek which is something she did when she had something on her mind.

"How have you been Sloane?" Samira asked as she shook my hand. Emerald's neck snapped in my direction.

"Oh y'all know each other?" It was almost as if she was trying to figure out if she heard her correctly.

"We have met." Samira held my hand for a lot longer than socially acceptable while I cleared my throat.

"We are doing really well. The kids are good you know? We just had our 5th wedding anniversary. How are you?" I asked trying to keep a conversation going and to be social.

"I'm am doing well, really well." She said as Emerald's energy instantly changed, growing more intense.

"Well enough to let his hand go?" E asked.Emerald let out a laugh as Samira let my hand go. She shook her head trying to relax herself. I reached out to hold her hand and she snatched away from me.

"The hell was that?" E whispered as we walked further in to the high rise building.

"We have met before but not the way you think." I knew I was going to have to pay for this later by the look on her face. I should have let Samira's hand go. I should have stayed on topic and never even touched that girl.

"Welcome to The Haven Condominiums." Samira spoke.

"It's nice right?" I asked E as Samira pushed the elevator button.

"The lobby? It was very nice." Even though I was trying to make small conversation in the lobby was actually very nice. It had large stone pilars that were well over 10 feet tall, the staff seemed to be very nice to those who walked by, and beautiful lights that hung from the ceiling. It smelled amazing and even had a little pond which I know the kids would love to see.

" The building also has a host of  amenities including the gym, valet parking, and even a dog spa. There is a rooftop as well." Samira said as the elevator doors closed. Samira looked me up and down  slowly. I know it was the way Samira licked her lips that set E off.

"Umm I know good and well..." I grabbed E by the waist before she couldn't finish here sentencing. I grabbed her hand before she could put it in Samira's face.

"Is there only one unit open?" I asked covering up her rage. E began shaking in my arms. I could feel her heart beating a mile a minute. I was happy that the doors opened and Samira was able to exit the space.