22.Push

Sloane
-

"What would I do without you?" I walked up and hugged her from the side as She helped me in my plans to revamp the staff of the club. I wanted to turn the place upside down but she suggested we start small.

"Not get these bar stools fixed like I told you to. The people are coming to our the meeting ones in today." She continued to look through some folders. I loved seeing her jump in to things like this. It was proof that I'm not alone in this.

"How did you get them to come so fast?" I sat next to her genuinely interested in how she was getting things done.

"I called them when about a week ago when I almost died sitting on one of these things babe." She found what she was looking for, handing it off to Adrien who then went to her office. The sounds of pots and pans from the kitchen filled the air until the light from the back door caught our attention. With all of the bouncers not expected for another two or three hours we were both confused. Once the door closed we were able to make out the small figure.

Joy walked up to me but not without making a scene first.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Emerald looked up but not with out making eye contact with me. She let out a chuckle before turning her body to face Joy.

"All the shit I did for you and to call to even pay me on time?" She said once she got close enough. Vaughn was able to go home and start his life over but not with out repaying his debt. This time he understood that I owned him for as long as I wanted.

"Then you can't even pick up the phone?" E continued to now laugh at her. She and I both couldn't believe her energy.

"What the fuck is she laughing at?" She asked shifting her weight from one foot to another.

"What's funny wifey because I can tell you a whole bunch of funny shit sis." She snapped him her direction. I took a deep breath because I knew this was the start of a very long conversation.

"First of all bitch I'm far from your sis." E immediately stood up wagging her index finger in Joy's face. I stood trying to put some space between them but E wasn't having it. I turned to face her but it didn't matter. E continued to try to maneuver around me for a good view of Joy.

"Baby calm down." I said with a slight laugh. I place my hands on her shoulders and pushed her backwards.

"You better listen to him sis." Joy called from behind me.

"Relax." I snapped back at Joy. Slightly shifting my body. The last think I needed was for E and her to get physical. Joy immediately changed her tone and settled down.

"Girl fuck you." She tried to rush Joy.

"I can't talk to her if you are going to be all rowdy babe." She role her eyes. I knew she couldn't give a fuck about what I had to say wit Joy in the room.

"I know you aren't trying to come at me. Fuck her." She said loud enough for people across town to hear. I went in to my pocket peeling a few bills off of the roll.

"Fuck me? I'm trying to fuck in him but I never got that far." I knew I could stop E from stepping closer, reaching around me,  and knocking some sense in to Joy. She pushed her hard enough that she hit a bar stool behind her.

"This what you came here for?" I counted it out for her before she could retaliate against E.

"Here take some more." I said in order to get her off of my back. She did her job and did it well at the end of the day.

"Mmhmmm." She stuffed the cash in her pocket.

"Mmhmmm good bye." E carried on. It was amazing she was able to hold her tongue.

"We done here?" I asked completely frustrated. Joy's eyes went from me to E and back to me.

"I guess so. For now anyway." She said searching through her bag.

"I catch her around here again she is going to have to worry about a lot more than me pushing her into the bar." E said to me but also making sure that Joy could hear.

"Excuse me". Joy found here car keys but had no intention in leaving quietly.

"You heard exactly what the hell I said little bitch. You're done and if I catch your ass around here again it's going to be a problem..."

"Like she said you're done. We are done so leave." There was no need for them to go back and forth. With a sly smile joy gathered herself and left the bar. I did t even wait until she was full out of the door before I turned around to Emerald.

"Really?" I asked her. I swiftly warmed my arm around her. Once I slammed her in to me I continued.

"Did you have to hit her E?" I looked at her waiting to answer.

"I don't hit her,I pushed her there is a large difference." She pecked my lips almost making me loose my train of thought. I observed her as she licked her lips.

"You wanted a reaction from her." I pointed out. She smacked her teeth, following it up with an eye roll.

"I did. She isn't has a lot of fucking  nerve prancing her thirsty ass in here. Seems like you let her get pretty comfortable." She still stood in my arms.

"She was an employee." I tried to stop her mind from wondering backwards. She had a lot of time in the shirt encounter to size Joy up.

"It wouldn't be the first time that... the little girl wants to fuck you and I don't have time for anything extra." I listened to every word. I could tell that she was in easy. I understand her feeling and felt her energy shift as the conversation became serious.

"I have never been so close to losing you and when I tell you she is the farthest thing from my mind I mean it. It doesn't batter it she wants to have sex because I'm going to me loving you, being with you, and having sex with you for the rest of my life." I cut myself off. Her body relaxed before she spoke. With my past indiscretions I know she thought that I was filling her head with sweet nothings. Mel was an employee with the same mind set as Joy and I fell right down the rabbit hole. While Mel wasn't as vocal as Joy but 100% had the same intention.

"If you say so."

"What do I have to do to ease your mind" She took a step back, leaning on the bar. She faced straight a head before turning her head in my direction.

"Nothing."