Tell Me

Sloane

"Talk to me." I walked back into the room. Leila and E spent an hour together while her sister's waited outside and I got thing's situated with Mr. Dryer.

"What are we going to do? She needs me just as much as this new baby will." She asked. I had just returned from taking Leila out to the car. She was comfortable with them and had no problems.

"Whatever you want to do. I have Maiya's dad looking in to some bigger homes. I know you will need to spend time with her and that this isn't going easy." I said hoping to ease her mind.

"Her adoptive father, Bryant has a sister who called when you went out side. I let her know that it was never my intention to take Leila from her. She is cool with us bringing her to thier house if she wants to get her clothes. You know after the funeral and when my uterus isn't..."

"Ok. I gave Erin some cash to get her some stuff and they are going to the house. How do you feel?" I held her hand.

"Amir's room isn't even done. I though we had more time." She said letting tears fall.

"Amir? I like it." I asked knowing we hadn't talked about a name.

"Leila picked it." She said through her sobs.

"Don't worry about it. He has already sent videos of homes." I said sitting next to her. We sat for a while looking at the short videos.

"I like that the one. It's nice on the outside." She paused the video to look at the floors.

"I thought you would."

"Pick what ever has a large master bedroom and big rooms for the kids. You did a good job the first time I trust you." She said as I watched the videos.

"It's been a hell of a day. Baby how much are these homes? They have to be outrageous." She took a deep breath.

"I told you that you would never have to worry about anything and I meant it. Especially money."

"We just got a truck and then there is my town house, the clubs, and you want to open a new location. Baby what if we can't get the house." She said.

"Please don't stress out about that. That truck is paid for just like the houses. We have investors and we can look in to getting that third spot in a few months."

"The boys are to young to realize it's not just them. Leila has good n through a lot in a short period of time. Being the only surviving person in that crash..." She said. She was right Khalil loved his mother and was a but if a brat when she didn't give him enough attention. Not to mention, Nasir was the same way.

I took sometime to think about the therapy that Leila may need.

"How much?" She asked again.

"How much is what?" I asked coming out of my thoughts.

"A couple hundred thousand, maybe more."

"How is everything with baby Thomas ?" The nurse and doctor walked in to so their thing.

"You are going to be here for a while. The baby is fine but a very stubborn." The doctor changed her gloves.

"Just like his mother." I said making her smile.

"I'd say a few more hours." E shook her head before the doctor asked questions about how she was doing on the epidural.

"Thank you." She asked.

"She really is a sweet girl. I know I should have told you about her earlier." She began to talk about now feeling bad.

"I wish you would have. I was a little left out but it doesn't matter now." I said realizing there could be an argument if I kept pushing.

"Those are million dollar homes." She said as soon as they left.

"It doesn't matter." I turned to her.

"Where is this money coming from? I already know."

"Don't do that. You know that you have access to anything you want to see. It's taken care of." I looked at her as her attitude began to show on her face.

"Taking care of huh?That house is it least 2 million dollars." She tried to whisper.

"Do you want it?" I said showing her the house again. The house was beautiful and looked similar to the one we lived in now. I looked the long drive way and the fact that it was farther from the city. I was prepared to take the long drives especially if it's what she wanted.

"Sloane..."

"Tell me you want the house and it's done." The home was freshly built in a brand new neighborhood. It was bright and open which I think would make a good place to raise our kids.

"I want the house." I kissed her as soon as she said it.

"It's done."

"Just like that?" She took a deep breath and shifted in the hospital bed before asking for water.

"Anything you want." I said before calling Mr. Dryer.

"The last one you sent was the winner." I said as soon he answered the phone. We talked for a little bit about the next steps before making sure I was ready.

"I will see you tomorrow." I said knowing there was no way I was leaving the hospital today.

"Getting the house packed up is going to be a lot. Well maybe not." Began to think out loud.