Good To Me

Sloane

"What are we going to do?" She began to cry as her sisters appeared in the door way.

"What the hell happened now?" The instantly place blame on me.

"Leila's adopted parents died. In the car accident and on the highway. She is fine, she is down stairs. It has nothing... shit." She said from the pain as Erica walked further in to the room.

"She has been discharged and she needs to go with y'all while E has the baby. The social worker cleared it." I chimed in before standing up. To check in Khalil and Nasir who slept peacefully in some chairs I put together.

"That's awful." Erin said as I picked up my first born and handed him to hers he remained asleep as a soft knock tapped the door.

"Emerald James?" I woman in her mid 30's stood outside as her sisters and I got the boys ready.

"I am Markita Jacobs..."

"Yes. Please come in." E sat up as she walked in and greeted every one.

"We will take them to the car. And when you are ready Sloane can bring her out." Her sisters came up with the plan to avoid being in comfortable. I stepped up, going along with the palm even though I was scared shitless.

"Once you are discharged we will need to have a visit." I heard her say before walking out of the room to give Erin the keys to the house.

"How do you feel?" Erica asked me out of the blue.

"It's all happening so fast but we will adjust to it. We are going to have to knock some walls down or add an extra room. It's all good." I started thinking about how we were going to start the expansion.

"Lookalike you have two new babies. What is she almost 9 now?" Erin asked.

"E is almost 26" I said as we talked about how the next few days are going to go.

"We are always going to be here for y'all. I may not like you but it's all love." Erica smiled. I took the word and thanked them both. Even though Erica should be worried about the 2 children her baby daddy has outside of their kid. Not to mention Erin has been fucking my older brother.

"She has been discharged." The social worker said as I walked back in to the room. I was glad that she was able to work with us. I could never imagine something like this being this easy.

"Can my husband take her to my sisters?" She asked only looking at me. I kept a brave face as I looked at the social worker.

"Are you two legally married?" She asked.

"Yes." I responded immediately.

"Follow me." She said with no hesitation. I followed her, walking past some nurses who went to go check on E. My head started sweating as we got to the elevator and she pushed the button. We went a few floors below and when the elevator doors open we walked down a long hallway.

"Hi Leila. This is your mommy's husband. I'll give you a second." No way that this was real. She was spitting spitting image of a mother everything down to the skin. I got choked up just looking at her.

I said in the chair across the room as she sat with her knees to her chest on the bed.

"You don't have to say anything. We can sit here for a while." I said as she stared at me.

"My mother talked about you." I was surprised that she used that word to refer to E. Only because of her adoptive parents. However, I remembered that E said there relationship was amazing thanks to the parents understanding how young she was. It wasn't that she didn't want Leila but that she couldn't be a parent.