19. 8pm

Sloane.

I honestly thought about lying but when a wine ask you a specific question she already knows the answer. Lying about anything at this point would put me further from her good graces.

"And lucky?" She asked throwing me off. Lucky hadn't crossed my mind in two ore three years.

"Haven't seen her not touched her." I continued to ask questions. There was no time to think simply leaving me to tell the truth.

"Adrien?" She found the strength to look at me. I saw that the answer about Kai really took her out.

"Never." I answered, straight up looking her in the eye. We sat in silence for a while before She handed me the baby. Emerald sat Nasir in my lap and checked on Khalil. She went upstairs with nothing else to say.

"I'm not leaving until we talk." I said she got halfway up the steps. I want her to have the space and the time to think after all I did just tell her I had sex with the women trashed our kids room putting us all in danger.

She closed her bedroom door startling the boys. Nasir started crying which was pretty rare. I propped him rubbing his back trying to console him. As if I did have enough in my plate.

"What's going on man?" I stood up trying the walk and bounce method only to realize he did a number in his diaper. I grabbed his diaper bag and changed him because it seemed upstairs was off limits. I varied the soiled diaper outside quickly error returning to my spot on the couch.

••
8pm
••
The boys had been asleep for a while before she came back down stairs. She had completely changed her clothes and looked well rested. She stopped in her tracks letting me know she didn't exactly expect me to still be here. 

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" She asked as she hit the bottom step. She entered the living room with her hair tied up and an old long cardigan covering her. It was definitely a wake up call seeing her sleeping in something that wasn't mine. Normally it was my old jersey or a hoodie so I was taken back.

She was pretty strict about the boys, especially Khalil, sleeping in their own beds so I already knew what she was doing when she picked Khalil up. I carried Nasir, who laid on my chest, up stairs still not answering her question. I thought long and hard about all of my wrongs. She knew about Joy and Vaughn so there wasn't that much to say. She walked further down to Khalil's bedroom while I put our youngest in his crib. She put a lot of effort in to their room. I'm assuming it took her mind off of a lot. I steps lightly out of the room, closing the door. Looking to my left I caught a glimpse of E with her hand on her back as if she was in deep thought.

"Where is your little home girl Joy? She still sucking your dick?" She whispered as she walked past me.

"She is far from a homegirl..." I followed her to the kitchen where she reheated her food and cleaned up a bit.

"My home girls don't suck my dick." She said jokingly as she loaded her dish washer.

"Not in my life." I said making sure the conversation didn't go left. She had a smart ass mouth that could take us all the way back to square one. She closed the dish washer door and started reaching for the detergent packets. After watching her struggle for a few seconds before walking over to help her out.

"Don't do that." She pressed her palms against the cold counter tops. I was a little closer to her then I should have been. She snatched away from me retreating to another corner in the kitchen. I took it upon myself to open the container of dish washer packets and popped one into the washer. I took a deep breath and placed the contain on the lower shelf in the upper cabinet.

"What E?" I asked.

"This isn't normal so we don't need to make it seem normal." I could see how uncomfortable she was.

"There doesn't seem to be  a lot of hope for us so I'm sorry if I think a little bit of normalcy." I said trying to be completely honest.

"I'm going to go." I decided getting my things together. I heard her continue to move about in the kitchen as I left her some money in her coffee table. She would never take it if I gave it to her in her hand.

"I can't stand you.  You know what you should go.