28.Trust

Sloane

-

"Don't worry about any of that." I told her as we walked through the lobby of the incomplete building. The lobby was completely empty which threw her off even though I had access to the door and the elevator. I watched her step over all of the plastic the work crew may b have left earlier today.

"Sloane what did you do?" She asked skeptical to get in to the elevator. I held her hand as I scanned the key card and pushed the button. She took a deep breath.

"Relax." I put my arm around her waist jerking her towards me. She rolled her eyes as we went from floor to floor. I kissed her cheek before sliding down to her chin and then her neck.

"What's going on?" She whispered placing her hand on my chest. I pressed her into me as the elevator doors finally opened. I guided her off of the elevator.

"I told you I got you right?"There was a single hall way leading to a set of double doors just like the realtor mentioned.

"Sloane?" She stopped as we got closer to the grand wood doors. Emerald looked behind her not hiding how nervous she was. I turned around grabbing her hand only for her to slide out of my grasp.

"You trust me?" I asked. She couldn't possibly think I was going to physically hurt her.

"What?" She asked folding her arms still watching her back.

"What? Girl do you trust me?" I got irritated that her answer wasn't a straight yes or no.

"I married you didn't I?" She inches closer to me as I continued to walk towards the door. I didn't say anything else as I walked to the door and unlocked it. We were met with floor to feeling windows showing us the entire city. I held the door for her, listing to the sound of her heels.

"Welcome home." I said after allowing her to look around what would be our family room. Besides the bedroom that's where she spent most of her time.

"Home? What do you mean?" She turned around. I watched her every move.

"It's two levels, which is cool to be this high up." I said letting her know that we would occupy the 22 &23 floor.

"5 rooms and a master so I get a office like at the old house. Plus you know with two boys the space is needed." I wanted to allow the boys to have a yard but this is what is needed for the time being.

"Three." She said under her breath. She continued to walk away from me.

"With the house, and the spot in Vegas being rented it will pay for itself... Wait Three?" I stopped noticing I had slipped over her comment.

"Possibly." She walked further away from me looking for a light switch.

"E where are you going?" I asked as she continued to hide her face. Even as I stood behind her she refused to look at me.

"You pregnant? You don't need to cry E." I stood away from her trying to figure out what was really going on.

"If I am what are we going to do with three babies? A two year old, a one year old, and a newborn?" She asked. She was right. We were never one to practice safe sex but I was taken back at her announcement.

"The same thing we did with the first two." I said stupidly. I wanted to make her feel comfortable but it really wasn't working. The truth is I have no idea what to say or do.

"That's easy for you to say. You know, I don't want to get into it with you tonight." She walked closer to the stair case and peaked up to the second level before going up.

"Get in to it? We are just having a conversation." I followed her. My confusion begins to grow into anger.

"What do you mean by that easy for me to say?" I was literally begging for her to elaborate. I thought we were on many times with it was obviously a little animosity.

"Tonight was a good night and I..."

"Say it babe." I said cutting her off.

"Look, my pregnancies have been the pit of our relationship. It's like we fall apart when ever I get pregnant." She was in full blown tears and still distancing herself from me.

"I take full responsibility for that E." I lowered tone as I spoke.

"I don't want to have to choose between you or my kids! I don't want to have to do it again." I could form a sentence as began to yell. I sat there like a child and allowed her to get all of her feelings out.

"I don't trust you enough not to fuck this up. If I'm having this baby I have to be able to trust you..."

"You thinking of getting rid of it?" I stopped the conversation. She finally faced me when she heard my footsteps getting closer.

"Are you serious? You can't be for real E an abortion?" My heart stopped. She had just came back home, we were compromising, and I thought things were better. I thought we were better. The thought of her getting rid of our child hurt more than a bullet. Not to mention the thought of her not wanting the bear anymore my children because of my thoughtlessness.

"I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THREE FUCKING KIDS!" She snapped. She ended up throwing her phone across the room. I watched her drag her fingers down her dress obviously trying to calm herself down.

"Ain't nobody telling you to E! I'm right here."

"For how long Sloane? Until I start showing or until you feel like you wanna slide in something new?"

"Forever E. I'm going to always take care of my family. Come on E I know I'm fucked up getting rid of our kid is...  You're breaking my heart." I picked her shattered phone to wait for her response.

"I love my kids and I love you but I'm not ready to go back down that road. I mean look at this..." She paused to look around our new home.

"You provide and I thank you for that but you aren't there emotionally. Your head is always somewhere else and I need you." She folded her arms causing me to humble myself.