Chapter 30

Alright, maybe wishing for nothing bad to happen on the team that had Licht and Hyde of all people together was a bit too hard and much to ask for.

Just maybe.

Mahiru stared at the scenario happening before him while pinching the brink of his nose, feeling a very massive headache coming soon. Which, to be honest, was something he got every time Tsurugi messed up in the kitchen again, so maybe he shouldn't be too unsuspecting to it anymore.

Though, seeing Licht and Hyde glare down some tough and beefy guys that looked like they belonged in some gang instead of an arcade of all places, he jested that he could probably excuse himself this one time.

How did this happen again?

~{&}~

It was fifteen minutes before the fiasco happened. They managed to get to the arcade without much guidance and destruction and Mahiru thought that it was going well. Too well, actually, since this was the Greed pair he was talking about but he didn't complain about it. The less accidents the smoother his job after all.

Licht had immediately requested that they try the claw machines the moment he caught sight of them and aimed for a cute cat plushie, completely ignoring the hedgehog plushie right beside it regardless of Hyde's requests. Mahiru had sighed at their child-like enthusiasm but didn't find himself exactly hating it— it was rejuvenating to see some aspects of their old selves.

While they were playing, he did catch sight of Sleepy Ash gliding away from the rowdy crowd to a more secluded part of the arcade.

Not wanting to let him leave out of his sight in case of an emergency, Mahiru had pressed on and tailed after him while still making sure he could see the Greed pair arguing over which toy was better from the corner of his eye.

Unsurprisingly, Sleepy Ash had went ahead to play one of the smaller shooting games that barely anyone paid attention to but was still fun to play. It was kind of unique how he had managed to notice such a small booth but hey, he didn't know how the eyes of a vampire's worked— especially ones of a Servamp's.

Mahiru watched him slide a coin down the compartment of the booth as he leaned on one of the separate machines. Sensing that no immediate danger was nearby, he finally allowed himself to relax on the cool surface of the machine and gave a huge sigh.

Man, Misono's group was harder to control than he thought it would be. He thought that since Lily was there, maybe the Servamp could convince the boy to not spend recklessly but it seemed that the Servamp was all too happy to indulge in the spendings as well.

How envious he was of them for their lack of regard for their budget. Rich people always get the best stuff in the end.

Mahiru took this rare moment of solace to think over the activities for the week and the people who were involved in it. A week of bodyguard-training, huh?

What kind of activities were they going to do for this past week even? He wouldn't be informed of it either so he just had to brace himself for whatever troubles came hurdling his way.

Speaking of troubles... there was still that one main problem in the whole group who couldn't be restrained at all— Mikuni. He was the most dangerous and troublesome of threats in this mission at the moment, even if he was actually one of the people he had to protect (the irony, isn't he right?).

Seriously though, did that guy even need protection? He was probably the one who was the most likely to massacre everyone in the whole building right now, not the actual terrorists. Maybe if he spoke to Shuhei then...