Chapter 18

(A/N: Can I just say,wow to the new chapter of the Servamp manga. Hell broke loose and I just— TOORU, TOUMA,MAHIRU AND TSURUGI AGHHH—

And jut a gentle but crucial reminder: Touma survives in this story and the war between Tsubaki and the Servamps plus their Eves isn't over yet.)

-/-

"THAT'S SUICIDE!" Yumikage shook Tsurugi so much to the point that Tsurugi thought he was seeing dolphins in the air while the room turned into a galaxy colour and the music of Shooting Stars was playing in the background.

Oh yeah,he swore he saw multiple duplicates of his face flying around and him on a unicorn too.

Shuuhei seemed to agree,"Yeah,why them out of everyone?! I mean,you could have literally asked me to be the client to test it out! I'll volunteer! You know how his relationship with them is like,right?!"

"Nope,you can't volunteer. We had a meeting this morning with them and we finalized it," Tsurugi shook his head,which was a bad idea as he became even more dizzy with Yumikage still shaking him.

"T-Then I'll take Mahiru's place! I volunteer! They don't know who he is under the mask,right? So it's fine if I go!" Junichiro found a loophole in the seams, which made Mahiru brighten up.

Mahiru exclaimed,"Oh! That's a really good idea! If you take my place,Junichiro,then it's fine! I won't snap and let my emotions get the better of me! It's ingenious! You're a genius,Junichiro!"

They both stood up from their chairs and high-fived each other,surprisingly doing it on the first try, and exchanged grins.

"But would you be available? Don't you have to look after your kid? That brat?" Yumikage questioned and only then did Junichiro realize it as he rubbed his chin.

He replied,"Then why don't you go,Yumikage? I have to look after my kid but you don't have one, so it's fine if you go,right? You'll take Mahiru's place instead."

Yumikage smirked,"Yeah! I'll go instead. They don't know how tall Shiro is,unless they measured him. If they remember how tall he was from the meeting, then I'll give the excuse that I'm wearing taller boots. It's a perfect disguise!"

Mahiru grinned as he offered his hand to him to shake,"Then with this handshake,it's finalized that you'll take my place,Yumikage. Thanks so much! I owe you one! You saved my life—"

"Nope!" Tsurugi cut in with a sadistic smirk,"Sorry, no can do. Tai-Chan specifically asked for Mahiru-Chan to do this job,so you guys can't interfere."

"Son of a bi—"

"Moreover,if you wanted to execute this plan, you should've discussed about it without me in the vicinity! That way,we wouldn't have known if it was Yumi-chan or Mahiru-chan underneath that mask and you would've been able do the plan perfectly!" He added in.

Mahiru,Shuuhei,Junichiro and Yumikage all looked crestfallen at that realisation.

Fuck,they forgot about that.

There were three moments of deserved yet unsettling silence as the group stared at themselves with Yumikage releasing Tsurugi from his grip (he was grateful for that) before Shuuhei broke it.

He spoke softly,"Is...is there really nothing we can do to help him? I mean,this situation is really dire, you know... It's them after all."

Tsurugi shook his head,albeit he looked a little bit reluctant in doing so because it was Mahiru after all, he helped him stand up for himself,he helped him with so much,yet that Sleepy fucking Ash had to break him until he couldn't handle it anymore (even though he heard Mahiru helped him too) and he had to go to them for help.