Chapter 22

(A/N: Sorry guys there was a problem with the chapter so I had to republish it again. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience!

And nothing bad with some little character development for Sakuya and with a little bit more emphasis for his reason behind his need to help Mahiru!)

~{&}~

He watched as his parents argued behind the closed door, voices meddling with each other as they both tried to assert their dominance to the other, both of them spouting words that were incoherent to his little ears at that time.

He looked up to his tall, curvy and beautiful sister with long swaying neon green hair, and he tugged on her skirt a little to draw attention to himself.

Once he got her attention, he asked,"What are they arguing about, sister? They sound so angry. Is it because of me? Did I do something wrong? What happened?"

Upon hearing his questions, his elder sister forced a gentle smile on her face that looked so fake and deceiving to him, and his first thought that came to his mind was 'she's going to lie to me, isn't she?'.

She bent and kneeled down in front of him, brushing her fingers through his long hair and she hummed,"No, Sakuya. They're not talking about you. You have done nothing wrong. Don't always think that you're at fault. Mama and Papa are just discussing things. C'mon, let's go."

He gulped and nodded his head, albeit unsure of her words as he allowed himself to be guided by her to somewhere, but before that, he questioned,"You're never going to leave me, right, sis?"

The smile that goes on her face looked so broken and painful as she told him the truth (lie),"Yeah. I'll never leave you, Sakuya."

Alarms were ringing in his head about that, but because he was naïve and bought lies easily, choosing to believe in the lie that was most convenient to him, he nodded again and grinned,"It's a promise then!"

As they walked off to the distance, the scene soon transformed again, and it was now currently night time and he was outside the door again.

This time, his sister was not with him; she was inside the room that he always watched his parents argue in, and his parents were in the room with his sister too.

( "Sakuya-san..." A feminine and familiar voice called out to him but he couldn't register it in as he continued to relive a nightmare.)

"How much will you get if I do this?" He could hear his sister's voice question, and it was followed by muffled voices that he could not pick up on.

The conversation followed like that for awhile before she nodded and looked like as if she accepted her fate and walked over to the balcony, and immediately, Sakuya's eyes was filled with worry.

'Isn't that dangerous? Why is she so close to the edge? No please, sister, please come down from there! That's too dangerous! You may fall!' He wanted to scream but he found that his voice was lost amidst the shock.

( "Sakuya-san, please wake up... You're having a nightmare..." )

Right when she stood at the edge though, she stated something that was loud and clear to everyone:

"Don't do anything to Sakuya."

And then he watched her body fall off the balcony.

"SISTER!"

She lied about never leaving his side.

His parents lied to him.

He lied to everyone else.