Chapter 28

(A/N: God, these past two months I've been doing nothing but mainly art and school assignments I'm so sorry! I'm bad with time management. I hope you guys can accept this chapter as well!)

~{&}~

Mahiru entered the mall with a straight posture and a slightly calmer mood to himself. After hearing Lily's calm words earlier, a switch turned in him that told him that maybe, maybe this wasn't going to be that bad after all and his instincts had given into that sweet pleasure of hoping for the best, a trait usually shunned by the C3.

He gave a dry laugh at that. How desperate was he to keep hoping for that? He's been telling that to himself for at least five times already— it's like a broken recorder at this point.

Well, he couldn't do anything about it. Whether the Servamps and Eves decide to be an asshole to him for this week was up to them and it was his duty to stay clear of their way and protect them from afar. As long as nothing happened, he would consider the job splendidly done.

He scoured the mall, eyes analysing all potential entrees for threats or maybe even exits should something go wrong. There was no harm being a bit more careful with jobs like these.

However, in doing so, his eyes had caught onto a small cafe. His eyes were just about to skim past it as he immediately deemed it irrelevant but on that moment, for just that brief moment, he saw something familiar to him.

A hooded man had shifted slightly and what came out of his hood was striking neon green hair, a color that he was all too familiar with.

"Huh?" He muttered softly to himself as his gaze was now focused solely on the man, wondering why his gut instincts were getting a sudden sharp and bad feeling about him and were screaming 'I know this guy!'.

His aviators were getting in the way though— they were reducing the quality of his vision.

Risking it, he took a sharp glance at Lily's distracted back before slipping his aviators off slightly so his eyes could focus into his target better. He sharpened his vision, scrunching his eyes in the process.

The man was seated at a small table in the cafe, sipping coffee from his mug and opposite of him was another person— a woman, judging from her chest. Her hood covered most of her face but he could undeniably tell that there were silver locks from within.

'Green and silver,' he noted to his mind and tried to search through the archives of his mind for that one memory that screamed at him to come get it. It infuriated him that he knew it was right there in the open but he still couldn't find it.

'Where have I seen those hair colors before?' he grumbled internally as his frustration grew and grew but his mind halted when he saw the woman move slightly.

And there was his answer— his answer came out when she shifted and her hood slid off slightly. Not by a large margin by any means, but a margin nonetheless.

He saw crimson red eyes from underneath it.

The memory came back to him in an instant and he had to stop himself from sighing internally at the realisation of who those two may be.

"Don't tell me..." he groaned to himself as he pinched the brink of his nose and looked away. No way. He couldn't stand to deal with them as well when he already had his hands full with the Servamps and the Eves.

It would just cause chaos.

Ah but, maybe they could be of help should something get out of his control (which, mind you, was pretty unlikely but it was a possibility. He took pride in how he did his jobs) and give him a helping hand. So maybe it wasn't too bad having them here.