Chapter 12

Mahiru's brown eyes,as well as everyone else's, including the Servamps and the Eves, especially Sleepy Ash himself, widened at the mention of the name.

"K-Ku..Ro..?"

  Sleepy Ash gasped a little,and his movements jerked as he hesitated, causing something to jingle as his eyes widened and he looked at the 'something'.

Sleepy Ash's bell that Mahiru gave him,that he hid underneath that coat, chimed and jingled softly, but still loud enough for the people on that roof to hear.

Yes.

He has kept it this whole time.

"You kept it this whole time?!" Hugh whispered in disbelief at him,as Sleepy Ash could only nod in sadness as he fondled with it.

Why did he keep it this whole time,you may ask.

Well,it sort of reminded him that Mahiru was still out there in the world, and it always reminded him to have a balance on his immortal life as he needed to apologise to Mahiru for it.

  It reminded him that there was a place that he belonged to,but he recklessly and carelessly threw that place away,and the place became corrupted with sadness and agony.

  It was all of his own fault.

  His damn fault.

  Why?

  Why didn't he just keep quiet and notice the pain that Mahiru had been suffering and enduring for, just for his sake?

  When Mahiru finally snapped and even talked to him nicely about it to stop going to that traitor's house, he protested with a glare,and he swore Mahiru felt betrayed at that point.

  Mahiru had helped him get through his troubles, like how he helped him get out of that ball,and told him that he wasn't alone.

  He was there for him,whenever he needed it.

And how did Sleepy Ash react?

  By casually discarding him away for someone else that he didn't know, causing his own sunshine to fall into darkness, depression and agony.

  And he also hated the fact that it was all of his fault.

  All of his damn fault.

  And it doesn't make it better when this black demon in your mind always makes sure to taunt you about it at every chance it gets.

He looked at it sadly,and hid it underneath his coat again, with the rest shocked that he kept it this whole time when they thought he had thrown it away already.

He stared at the scene below him with pitiful eyes as he expected an outburst or an erratic reaction from Mahiru at the mention of that name,but how Mahiru reacted shocked him:

Mahiru had continued to pet the cat's black fur as he streamed his fingers through it as he said gently with a peaceful smile,and not a grin,"Kuro, huh.."

Even the C3 people were shocked.

"Yeah!It's a really cool name,right?" Kaidou grinned as he asked again,with Mahiru nodding along the way.

"Yep,it's a really cool name for the cat!It's fur is as dark as the abyss,and calling it after the name of the abyss is really cool!You have really good naming sense!" Mahiru grinned at him.

  "I know,right?!You get me so well!It's a super cool name, yet Saiki and Nendou keeps saying that it was too simple and childish," He groaned at the mention of his friends.