Chapter 19

"What do you mean, you're fine with being around that freaking insane killing machine for a whole freaking WEEK, Nii-San?! And stop giving me those eye-rolls, I'm being serious here!" Hyde practically screamed in Sleepy Ash's ear.

Sleepy Ash sighed as Hyde berated and talked a mile a second about Shiro and it was getting kind of irritating at this point,but at least he managed to learn some new info out of his babbling.

He learnt that he just randomly appeared out of nowhere and started hunting down subclasses with finesse and speed,and no one knows who he is.

Or where he came from, for that matter, but he just started killing and rose up in the ranks quickly.

'Shiro,huh...Just like my past name,named after a color...However,our names are polar opposites when it comes to the meaning,' Sleepy Ash mused to himself bitterly as he remembered the ridiculous yet treasured name Mahiru gave him.

Kuro.

Kuro and Shiro. Both with every similar yet so very different meanings at the same time that it was eerily uncanny,and it was like they were both of a mirror reflection.

Kuro meant black,black that was the vast and mystical darkness that engulfed the city every time it was night,the darkness,the color that contrasted white.

Shiro meant white,white that was the pure color that was never to be tainted, the colour that either signalled hope or surrendering, the innocence and the color that contrasted black.

Two colors that contrasted each other so well that they may as well be mirror reflections,reflecting each other.

As they say,the shadow looms behind the light and grows every time the light shines even more,and without the shadow,the light would just be the same as everything else with nothing being able to distinguish it from anything; the same went to the shadow too.

Without these two colours existing together, both of their existence would be meaningless. It almost reminded Sleepy Ash of Mahiru, and he gnashed his teeth at that thought as he shook his head.

That was right... Mahiru had the name of 'Shiro' in his name too,right? 'Shiro' from 'Shirota Mahiru'...

Hah, they both really did contrast each other so much.

( However, his suspicions were raised at the uncanny coincidence that both people had the same name of 'Shiro' inside, and a traitorous part of him considered them to be the same person because he heard that Shiro and Shirota Mahiru appeared and disappeared at the same time. )

He shook that thought off, it was just revolting that he considered both people to be the same because that sunshine just had too much morals to even kill someone.

( 'Are you sure?' His demon asked him in his mind. )

( He turned to glare at the demon with a stitched mouth,"Don't you dare question my thoughts. Mahiru is too kind and good to do that, and nothing is ever changing it." )

( His demon merely hummed in response and disappeared from his line of sight. )

He sighed again as he stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Hyde and the rest who were just sitting on the fence (though he was sure that Hugh was voting for Hyde),"C'mon. He's just a human. What's the big deal? And we don't have to do anything, he's just gonna watch over us."

Hyde chewed his lower lip, frustrated that his older brother was treating this dire situation so lightly,"Nii-San, you don't understand!"

"What do I not understand?" Sleepy Ash snapped back at him with knitted eyebrows, irritated that he was making such a fuss over a small thing.