Chapter 25

(A/N: This amazing fanart on top was made by ZJunaZ ! I screamed so much when I found it in my twitter notifications and it absolutely made my day! ZJunaZ , thank you for taking the time to draw this! I really do appreciate and love it!

If anyone of you guys out there feel like drawing fanart of my stories, please, feel free to do so! I'll even encourage you all to do it! I am very thankful for any fanart I get! You can send a link to me through Wattpad or any other platforms I'm active on— Instagram or Twitter, etc.

Anyways, enough of me fangirling. You probably want to read on, right? Then go ahead!

And a small fun fact before you read: I have a Japanese Spitz that's also named Shiro and I didn't realise that both of them had the same names until one of my friends — who reads my fanfics — pointed it out to me. Shoutout to Alysa if you're reading this!)

~{&}~

Various layers of warm and soft clothing adorned the brunette's frame, going from a brown woolly turtleneck that brought him a sense of encapsulation and protection, it's fabric wrapping around from waist all the way up to his neck and telling him that he was well covered, to a long and black blazer that went all the way down to his mid thighs, giving him a sense of fashion and extra reassurance as it's sleeves reached all the way to his wrists. Did he also mention that the blazer also had a hood?

For his lower body, he kept it simple but with a hint of rebelliousness. He wore black skinny jeans that were easily tucked into knee high boots that were adorned with laces.

As for accessories, he had simple black and tight leather gloves on just to make sure that if he needed to grab Sleepy Ash's hands, he would be safe. He had his hair tied up and pinned to the sides as much as possible. He also had a black customized mask from Izuna that only covered his mouth and nothing else.

The reason why it was labelled as 'customised' was because Izuna had actually prepared this specific mask for him that altered his voice to his liking to help hide his true identity even further. Even though Mahiru had no memory of telling her about the bodyguard trial in advance, he was still thankful for it and didn't ask questions (the rest probably told her without letting him know).

He overlooked himself in the mirror, ignoring the excited faces of the others in the reflection who were just begging him to hurry up and tell them what he thought of the disguise. He twisted and turned, making sure to check every corner of it.

Once he checked through it thoroughly, he twirled around to face the rest, who were eyeing him with anticipation.

"So?" Izuna popped the question, her tone of voice expecting and hopeful.

Mahiru stayed quiet for awhile, no doubt processing her question and of the answer he ought to give, his eyes piercing and calculators which sent shivers down the others' spines.

After a few moments of where the reign of silence ensued and enveloped the room in a stagnant state of anticipation, dread and hope at the same time, Mahiru finally broke it as he grinned with a thumbs up,"I like it! It's really cool and fashionable! I can definitely hide my identity from the rest in this. It's a pass from me!"

Almost instantly, a relieved sigh resounded throughout the room from the others. "Thank god," Junichiro sighed out of relief, not wanting to remember the time they spent bickering over what Mahiru was to wear.

Apparently, the rest couldn't decide which style they wanted to go with. Tsurugi's was too... Tsurugi, which was a bad thing if you were wondering. Yumikage's was too flamboyant to be able to let Mahiru blend in. Junichiro's was too simple and Shuhei's was too classy while Izuna didn't really have an opinion. Due to this conflict, they bickered for a long time until they realised that they didn't have much time left until the Servamps and Eves would arrive.