Chapter 29

After awhile of watching the fools play around plus him actually trying to put in effort into trying to persuade them to not spend as much (because Misono and Lily were impossible to deal with when it came to spending their sheer nauseating amount of cash), his time with the first team has ended and it was time to move on.

Time to move on to the other team. His dreaded team. Sleepy Ash's team in fact.

Just hearing that name gives unwanted shivers down his spine, shivers that spread like electric shocks to every follicle in his body, but he has to overcome it since he has no other choice after all.

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair that was covered by his hood again, a habit he got from watching Yumikage and Junichiro when they were stressed.

He picked it up and realized how natural it felt and it just kinda became one of his 'things' to do to cope.

Although it made it obvious that he was nervous, he couldn't help it. Not everyone could be like Mr. Smarty-Actor-Pants-Alicein-Mikuni, thank you very much. Spare him the trouble of hearing that name.

With every step he took, he could feel the bridge he was so carefully treading on sway harder. Fear was eating him up every time like a black hole and yet, something was urging him to continue and it wasn't from the obligation from his mission.

It was more like... a sense of childish curiosity. Twisted excitement. Even though he was fearful of what was going to come next, excitement backed him up and he didn't know why.

Maybe it was the thought that told him that he didn't know what to expect later on that gave him a sense of adventure? No, probably not. He couldn't find a reason to it but he knew he felt it and it was clearly evident, if the bounce in his steps was any given evidence.

Huh, weird. Just now he feared this and yet, now he was suddenly getting some amounts of sick and twisted excitement from it. Was he getting delirious?

Maybe he was a psychopath after all, like how everyone claimed him to be. But eh, well, being in the C3 with the idiots and capturing rowdy, peace-disturbing subclasses left and right does do something to your mindset after a while.

He was about to continue mindlessly following the rest back to the meeting point when he heard a soft 'ding!' come from his pocket.

Curious, he quickly fished his phone up from the depths of his pocket and unlocked it before seeing a notification from Whatsapp and it was from Tsurugi.

"Tsurugi?" He whispered to himself as he clicked on the text and read what it wrote.

'Hey, MahiMahi-Chan! Just wanted to check up on ya. Nothing wrong going on there, right? Shitty Ass hasn't done you any wrong, right? If he has then immediately tell us! We'll cancel the whole thing right there! Of course, not without money too! We'll sue him instantly!' Tsurugi typed.

Mahiru chuckled to himself as he read it. It was like he had a protective big brother watching over him and it made him feel warm inside, especially with that new nickname towards Sleepy Ash.

When he was the Eve of Sloth, a heavy responsibility fell upon his shoulders. The Eve to the strongest Servamp. Since such a title was given to him, then he must live up to that expectation, no?

Due to that, his burden increased and his walls crumbled a bit more. He kept everything to himself since he needed to be strong. He tried his hardest not to depend on anyone since the 'Eve of Sloth' should be the light that guided everyone out no matter the circumstance.

But after he broke his contract with Sleepy Ash, that burden of his was no more. And yet, he still felt chained to that responsibility. He took as much jobs as possible to reclaim that feeling of usefulness, unknowing of how much it broke him inside.