Chapter 15

Mahiru gritted his teeth in frustration and slight remorse of his actions just now,regardless of the voice at the back of his mind constantly reminding him that nothing was his fault and that Sleepy Ash fully deserved that,and he continued walking.

Walking back to his room in the C3,of course.

But wasn't he a bit too harsh back there,when he snapped at Sleepy Ash?

He could have just continued to be the good cop and try to actually talk things out with the rest of them and possibly get things sorted out peacefully, like how he wanted things to be.

And actually not try to frickin' threaten them with a damn dagger and threaten to stab him; they must fear and hate him now.

But that was fine,everything was fine;hell,it might even be for the best!

If lady luck was on his side,they would have taken his advice and warning seriously and not try to attempt to provoke him anymore,and Sleepy Ash would probably leave him alone and try to find a new and better Eve!

He ignored the slight sting at the center of his chest, with his chest slightly constricting at the thought of Sleepy Ash just recklessly discarding him away for a better Eve.

But maybe it was because he had laid down and entrusted his life to that guy that he felt his chest tighten with anger.

(It was obviously not because he might've felt something for the Servamp—)

He basically gave his whole life to that guy,and the idea of that guy just discarding him for a better Eve was like his own life being discarded like trash!

Sleepy Ash was basically deeming his own life as the lowest trash that was used only for a day before discarding it because it had no worth to him!

But it was fine,he will tolerate it as human memory was fragile and could be manipulated easily; like how Sakuya manipulated his memories.

And he's gone through worse than this; life was always cruel with him,and he's gone through worse than just experiencing this betrayal of trust.

He's gone through worse and experienced a lot more losses; so adding another number to that digit is nothing,right?

The desperation and the number will just keep on mounting,and mounting,and mounting,until he was truly alone again,and he'd have nobody to trust or to turn to again.

Just like an orphan who has just lost his parents and his friends around him; alone,afraid,and outcasted by everyone forever.

-/-

"N-Nii-San,if you'd like.."

"No,Lawless,I'm fine.Just mind your damn business."

"But hold up,Sloth,is your hand okay—"

"Shut up,Hugh,it's already healed.I'm immortal and a bastard of a monster after all."

"But—"

"Just shut up with the damn troublesome 'buts' already and take the hint that I want to be left alone for awhile!" Sleepy Ash snapped as he gritted his teeth and glared at them,before heavily storming off to somewhere.

Where?

He didn't know,he just wanted to get to somewhere where it's quiet and where his mind was peaceful enough to digest everything that happened 30 minutes ago.

Hyde's extended and offered hand to try and reach for Sleepy Ash's arm dropped back to the side as a sign of defeat,and he stared at Sleepy Ash's retreating back walk away into the distance.