Chapter 16

"Shit," Shiro had muttered out loud for everybody in the room to hear,and his fingers were trembling from the sight that was in front of him while everybody stared at him with a dumbfounded expression glued onto their faces.

This wasn't happening.

There was no way in a million years that this was happening!

From within the mask of 'Shiro',was Mahiru, and he was currently sweating bullets and just radiating off nervousness at this point so much so that Tsurugi would have surely laughed at him.

He tried to calm himself down by breathing in and out several times and succeeded in doing so.

He took a step back,out from the room,which confused some people as he made a 90-degree bow from there,"I'm sorry,I must've gotten the wrong room.Sorry to disturb you all."

"Huh?No,Shiro-Chan,you've got the right room. What are you talking about?" Tsurugi asked with a quizzical look on his face.

Shiro shook his head and turned to the direction that  he came from and started walking,much to the confusion of Tsurugi who called him there,and he felt a presence exit the room and follow him.

"Hey,Shiro-Chan,where are you going?You got the correct room," Tsurugi questioned him but a wave of alarm washed over him when he saw Shiro suddenly pick up the pace and ran for the hills,"WAIT, SHIRO-CHAN,STOP RUNNING—!"

"I had the wrong room and would like to return back to my duties,so if you would very so kindly, let me return back to them!"

"What duties do you even have?!"

"Oh you know,finishing a level in my PSP."

"Shiro-Chan,this was an order from Tai-Chan! You can't run,more so when you had accepted it already! Get back here right now!" Tsurugi shouted which made Shiro grit his teeth in frustration.

Through gritted teeth,he snarked back,"Then please tell him that I've rejected it and try to find another person to take over my role!I'd very much so appreciate that!"

"But Tai-Chan requested for you specifically!" Tsurugi yelled again while trying to chase down the currently panicky Shiro who just wanted to stay out of everything.

When Shiro heard that,he paused in his tracks and turned to the currently panting Tsurugi who had the honour of chasing him,and he questioned wearily,"Wait, he requested for me,specifically, and not somebody else?"

"Yep."

"YOU TWO ARE DEMONS!" He growled out in anger.

They both knew what his predicament was, on how he hadn't made up with Sleepy Ash (or if he ever will) and how Shiro and the rest of the Servamps are arch-enemies; both of his predicaments,be it with his true identity or with his alter-ego,have bad relationships with the Servamps!

How sadistic were they to pair him up with them, in this...whatever job this was?!

He wasn't told about what the job would be and was completely left in the dark,so he was actually a bit curious on what it was,but he mostly dreaded this.

Tsurugi merely shrugged in response to Shiro's nasty comment,because really,he can't say anything as he knew how bad his relationship with the Servamps were,and to pair him up with them was basically just fanning the fire and adding fuel to it.

He gazed at Shiro's mask (which had a voice changer) and looked straight into those peepholes where Mahiru's eyes were,and sighed,"I don't know, okay?I wasn't the one who issued it out."