"Well, I like to know about my potential rival." He shrugs.

Logan's eyebrows shot up. "Rival?"

"I was thinking about getting into shipping." Xander nods.

I stared between both of them, confused. Logan's eyes were burning, while Xander looked cool as a cucumber. What's going on? How the fuck Xander know all of these?

I glance at Nina, who was staring at Logan with a dreadful expression. Why does she look... scared?

All of this is so confusing.

Logan smirks, looking pleased. "Are you, perhaps, scared of me, Mr. Crawford?"

Xander laughed wholeheartedly like it was the best joke of the day. "No, not at all." He shakes his head, sobering up. "No offense, Mr. Jones, but right now you are just a toddler in the world I OWN."

I don't know why this narcissistic comment turned me on.

"Aren't you being too overconfident, Mr. Crawford? You shouldn't be that proud. I can outrun you." His jaws clench. I can clearly see him stopping himself from bursting out.

"I am not overconfident, Mr. Jones. I just know how good I am at what I do." Xander shrugs, sipping his drink like he wasn't poking fun at Logan.

"I am sure I can do a better business than you. My company was -- is good enough, Mr. Crawford."  

"Well, it's still not the best." Xander shrug. "But then it's ok. I mean some people are satisfied with 'good enough'. I like my things to be the best." He leans back in his chair and turns to me. I raise my eyebrow at him when he takes my hand in his, lacing our fingers, and pulls our joined hands near his mouth. He gave it a lingering kiss. "Just like my precious here." He grins widely.

Precious? EW.

I look at him narrow-eyed. What was he trying to do? Then my eyes travel to Logan who looked at us with a fire burning in his eyes, he was literally shaking. 

OH... Was he... trying to rile him up? 

Damn, this man is a sly bitch. "First you call me a thing and now a cringy name?" I played along. "Do you want me to bash your head open, babe?"

He laughs, staring at Logan and Nina. "See."

They smiled, nodding. However, they didn't look too happy. "Maybe, but at least, people who are satisfied with good enough don't have to FAKE things, Mr. Crawford." Logan counters while his eyes lingered on me before he raises an eyebrow at Xander. "Fake things don't last long." He shrugs.

"What?" I asked, confused. 

He ignored me, again and continued staring at Xander. "And one more thing I've learned in my life, Mr. Crawford, that is nothing is permanent here. If something is yours today it could be mine the next day."

Xander's grip on my hand tightens. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing, Mr. Crawford. It's just a life lesson that I've learned." He chuckles, shrugging his shoulder. I hold Xander's arms when I felt him standing up. I don't want him to start throwing punches at him.

Thankfully, the waitress came with our lunch.

I incline myself towards Xander. "Ssh, it's ok," I whisper in his ears and kissed his jaws to calm him down.

Logan's phone started ringing. "Excuse me. I have to take a call." He excuses, getting up to attend the call.

"Shit." I jump up when the waitress dropped hot curry on my skirt. I accidentally knocked on the table while jumping and the glass of water near Nina dropped into her lap, causing her to jump too.