Jessica's Past

12 Years Ago

"Raven! Why you bring me to this sloppy cafe. I can't even at a place like this! Is this even Michelin?" 

"Cmon, be kind, will you? Taste it first before you say something like that. Trust me. It's delicious than what you eat at home." 

"What do you expect? Tell me, you are dating that poor girl again, aren't you? Why you never learned any lessons? Don't you know they are only going after our money?" The eight old me complained harshly. 

"Sheesh. Are you sure you are 7 or 8? Gosh, my head is about to burst from listening to all of your non-stop complaints."  Raven said annoyedly.

"I don't understand why we have to disguise ourselves like this? No bodyguards at all, and now we are wearing these sloppy clothes. People will think that we are poor and normal."

"Isn't that great? I mean, people treat us as normal person. No hidden intentions." Raven said excitedly.

"Now I understand why aunt always mad at you," I said annoyedly. Yes, she is my only cousin, but she's the reckless one. She tattooed herself, and she's a professional hacker. Raven said nobody could defeat her when it comes to 'hacking'. I mean, is that even good?

"Wait here, I'm going to call my girl," Raven winked.

"Tsk." I shouldn't follow her here.  How can I eat at a place like this? 

Then, a beautiful brown hair waitress came, smiled brightly. "Hello, young lady, have you decided what you want to eat?"

"Get out from my face," I said harshly.

"Excuse me?" She asked confusedly.

Jessica looked at the waitress nametag.

Angeline.

"Angeline, you are just a lowly waitress. How dare you to talk to me with your dirty shirt? You poor people are going to infect me." I said disgustedly.

She flinched and slowly sighed. "I'm sorry for that young lady, but that was really mean. But, I will forgive you since I have a cute daughter just like you. Although my baby is smaller than you." She chuckled. 

Why she's smiling? Aren't she mad?

Suddenly, Jessica got some idea. Jessica smiled devilishly before she grabbed a glass of water and splashed it to Angeline's face.

Angeline shocked. Her face is wet.

"What's going on here?" The manager came to the scene.

"Nothing Mam" The waitress replied while wiping her face with her handkerchief. She smiled at me, and that annoyed me more. 

How can she still smile? I bet, she must know that I am the daughter of Huttington family. Tsk, acting like that will not get you anyway. I'm not like my parents.

I cleared my throat and said,  "Your worker here disrespect me. I am the heiress of Huttington, yet she humiliated me. You sure know what I can do to your place, right?" I said it coldly. 

The manager looked frightened before she glared at the waitress.

"Look, mam, I can explain. I didn't do anyth—"

"Shut up, Angeline! You are fired! I will not pay you anything!"

"Mam, I need this job for my daughter, please have mercy on us. At least give me my last salary." The waitress crying and begging.

Serves you right. This is why I hate poor people. They don't have any dignity. All they do is to beg like a dog. They are powerless.

"Please forgive me. I really need this job because I have a daughter." The waitress sobbed and touched my hands. She was begging me now.