Chapter Forty Seven

"So there's this new guy, he's from Canada so he pronounces everything weirdly but he's cute so we can forgive him for that."

Regina launched into a detailed description of Logan and all their interactions, including the conversation they were having right then about ice hockey because Regina had managed to convince Logan that she was a huge ice hockey fan.

"What's an Anže Kopitar? How am I supposed to know who this man is?"

"He's probably a hockey player. Just tell that boy that you were trying to impress him and spare yourself."

"No I'm in too deep. I started naming all these players from the Calgary Flames because that's his favorite team. Oh he's a player for the LA Kings. Damn I know we're all children of God but this man was obviously too impatient to stay in line and wait to receive his looks."

"Gina!" I almost spit my water out. "Why are you so messy?"

She shrugged, "I was born messy, I never really had a chance. Where's Noah?"

"He's at home, with his grandma. You know I'm at work right?"

"You're at work, why did you answer!"

"Because you called me from the bathroom and you said you were having an emergency! Also I'm clearly in my office."

She shook her head, "Your house has big ass windows too."

"Language!"

"Oh relax, you've been teaching me bad words in French. Speaking of which, what's my swear word for today?"

"Merde, it means poop with an 's'. You need to go back to class kid. Do you still want help with your history essay?"

"Yes please! But it's not due till next Friday so don't worry about it. I will text you after lunch with the details."

"I look forward to it, have an awesome day kid."

"You too!"

I laughed as I hung up, resisting the urge to flip her off. I know what. You're thinking; it's weird that I was on the phone with my ex girlfriend's little sister, but we hadn't stopped talking since she and her sisters came to visit during Dinah's birthday.

"Hello, Normani Hamilton's office, how may I help you?"

I resisted the urge to laugh. "Hey Hope it's me, please can you make a reservations for tomorrow night at that Italian restaurant a few blocks over. I'll send you the name as soon as I remember it."

"What time would you like the reservation to be for? And for how many people?"

"Five people, and make it 7p.m please?"

"Sure thing, is there anything else?"

"Not that I can think of. Thank you Hope."

"Oh you have your meeting with Genevieve in an hour."

"Yes I do, thank you."

I went back to editing articles as soon as I hung up, trying to get through at least three more before my meeting. Hope knocked softly on my door and waited for me to tell her to come in just so she could remind me about my meeting.

"Do you need me in the meeting?"

"No that's okay, but thank you Hope. Can you schedule a meeting with marketing and legal for 3.30 and call Victoria Monet's people to confirm the shoot. She's going to want to see her outfits for the shoot, so double check with Beck and Remy's assistant that they those ready."