Chapter Five

A/n: Baby Gordon will be called Junior in this story in case anyone gets a little confused.

-

"Can someone please get the door?" Mom shouted. "Who is even here? You said your friend's getting here later right?"

"Yes, and it's probably whomever Vaka opened the gate for."

"In that case Vaka go and see who's at the door." He mumbled something as he stood and Mom hit him square in the back of the head with a towel.

"Dinah it's for you!"

For some reason, that meant everyone had to stop what they were doing to eavesdrop. As soon as I saw Normani standing at the door, I wished that I had at least stopped to check my appearance (I had flour on my face).

She waved, "Hey, I know I was supposed to get here later but there was an earlier flight so I just took it and I'm here."

"Hey," I murmured slowly. "Uh where's your stuff. I hope you didn't book a hotel or anything."

"No," Normani mumbled with a laugh. "I am capable of following instructions. And it's in the car. Let me just go and get it." The driver got out of the car and unloaded Normani's suitcase, a laptop bag and a backpack from the back of the car. Of course she used a car service.

"Do you need anything else Miss Hamilton."

"No I'm good Rob, thank you for the ride. It's always a pleasure to see you when I come to LA." She smiled as she tipped him.

"The pleasure's all mine Miss Hamilton. Enjoy your stay." I gave him the exit code and picked up Normani's suitcase despite her protests. "How was your flight?"

"It was okay, you've got a little flour on your face," Normani murmured as she reached up to wipe it off my cheek. "There, it's gone. So are you future brother in law and his family here?"

I shook my head, "just Fetu. His family is going to arrive on Monday for the engagement party in the evening and I think they're spending Thanksgiving with us."

"That sounds awkward."

"You have no clue," I mumbled. I introduced her to everyone before taking her upstairs to get comfortable. When we got back downstairs, Mom had already heated up some food for Normani and she joined me on the floor.

I shouldn't have been surprised, given that I had seen her easily charm a room just by smiling, but I was shocked to see how perfectly she fit in. After having known her for two years, I felt like I could safely say that I knew her well enough to know when she was faking and she wasn't. She took everyone's jokes like a champ and dished out a few of her own. I could tell that my brothers were enamored and my parents were impressed and confused because I had called then and complained about her a few times.

As soon as she was done eating, she came into the kitchen and helped me with the dishes since it was my turn to clean up. At some point, I ended up sitting on the counter while she did the dishes.

"I can feel you staring Hansen."

"I'm just surprised that you do dishes and normal stuff."

Normani rolled her eyes, "my parents wanted me to stay grounded despite the money, so I did chores, I got a job when I turned 16, and not at the magazine. Mom and Grandma taught me how to cook."

"That sounds like the perfect childhood. You know like rich but grounded."

She tensed, "it was far from perfect."

"How so?"

"That Hansen," she looked up at me and smiled, "is a story for another day."

When she was done, I took her on a tour of the house before we went upstairs to my room so she could unpack. Not that there was much to unpack anyway. But my brothers kept trying to find ways to hit on her and despite the smile that had remained on her face the whole time, I didn't want them to overwhelm her this soon.