Chapter Fifty Three

She hadn't even touched me down there yet and I could feel the moisture making my thighs wet. Dinah took off my shirt and smirked when she saw that I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

I was never the type to be shy about my body because I knew I was beautiful. But the way her eyes looked over my features as though I were a goddess and not merely the means to her sexual satisfaction sent shivers down my spine.

Normani worshipped the contours of my body with soft kisses from her lips and when she took her first tentative lick to acquaint herself with my center I shuddered in intense pleasure and whispered her name into the breeze.

I bit my lip to stop from making a sound when she entered me finally but the combination of her lips and fingers proved impossible to resist. It should have been embarrassing that I was so close to the edge so quickly but I was beyond caring.

"I love you," she murmured reverently. The sound of those words passing through her lips and the feel of her warm breath over my core was enough to drive me mad with enough desire to do something I never did in bed.

-

The piercing sound of my phone ringing cut through my dream and jolted me awake. I sat there for a while, my eyes open and my brain not quite capable of processing why. My heart was pounding, not in the way it does when I have nightmares, this was something else, born directly out of the brief but intimate moment that Normani and I shared a few days prior. It wasn't much; well it was actually. But it was the first time I felt hope that we could have a future.

Four Days Ago...
I gripped the bottle of wine tightly in my hands as I took the elevator up to Normani's apartment. When I look back now, apologizing to Normani was easier than apologizing to Louis. I didn't need to, he said as much after, but I didn't feel right wanting a future with Normani if I wasn't on good terms with.

Worst case scenario: he kicks you out and tells Normani that you're trying to use him to get to her. Even as the thought fully formulated itself, I knew it wasn't true. He might give me a hard time, but he was at least a polite asshole.

Still, I hesitated when I finally got to Normani's door. I remembered all the times I'd stood in front of it, specifically the day I'd graduated from having to wait for her to open it to having my own key.

Flashback–

"Hey can we talk?" I asked as I collapsed onto the couch beside Normani. She rolled her eyes when I lay down with my head in her lap, but almost instinctively, her fingers tangled themselves in my hair.

"What's up?"

I reluctantly sat up, "We spend a lot of time together don't we?"

"Is this you telling me you're sick of me?" Her face fell and I instantly felt bad for not doing this in a more romantic setting so she'd understand that it wasn't anything bad.

"No it's not. I was just pointing out that we spend a lot of time together and we spend a lot of it here. I'm not trying to rush you into anything you're not ready for but yesterday you were stuck waiting outside in the cold for me and I don't like that."

"Okay now I'm confused."

I took the little box out of my pocket with the key to my apartment. "It's the key to my—"

"–You're not sick of me?"

"No baby, I love spending time with you."

"Good because I love spending time with you too. Funny thing though, I was planning to give you a key to my place too."