Chapter Sixteen

"Look at how adorable they look together, and that fit is gorgeous," Lauren mumbled as she swiped through the pictures. "Is that leather?"

"You're not helping," I mumbled as I took a sip of my drink. "You should see the Roc nation brunch party ones."

"Bitch I did! Did you see the dress? And more importantly, Beyoncé and Jay motherfucking Z?"

Beck nodded, "Looked like a bunch of royal couples. Think of it as really good publicity for La Sienne babe. And she does mostly go to these things for work. And Khalid really is just her buddy, like she gives him, "hey buddy," hugs."

"Yeah I guess so..."

Normani| 22:46:
Hey babe, my flight leaves after midnight so I'll see you tomorrow morning at work?

Dinah| 22:46
Why are you coming to work? Won't you be tired ?

Normani| 22:46:
Yeah but I'm a workaholic, you know this. I gotta go. Khalid's whooping my ass at 2K19 and I can't have this!

I smiled, deep down inside, Normani was actually a really big kid. Beck, Lauren and Kamila has moved on to talking about other stuff when I finally stopped looking at the pictures from the weekend.

I trust her...

I shouldn't have been surprised to see Jackson outside in the morning. He had taken me to work when Normani was away and I figured that would change when she was back. But there he was leaning on the car and texting someone; he slipped his phone into his jacket as soon as he saw me and opened the car door.

"Morning Miss Dinah," he murmured with a smile. "Are you going to the cafe this morning?"

"Morning Jax, I'm good for today, we can just go straight to the office."

Normani was already inside and on the phone. She took my hand and squeezed it. "Okay can we do lunch then in that case? Does Monday work for you?"

She kissed me when she hung up and I smiled when I saw the partition rolling up. I straddled her, moaning when I felt her fingers slip under my shirt.

"Hey, happy belated Valentine's Day baby."

"Happy belated Valentine's Day to you too babe," she murmured against my lips. "Do you mind if we just talk and make out a little?"

"You think I'm going to have sex with you in a car with Jax watching and let you ruin my hair?"

Normani laughed, "well he can't see anything right now. And the ruined hair would be worth it."

"Yeah probably... so how was your weekend? Well LA in general since you've been gone for basically the whole week."

"It was honestly amazing."

"Okay tell me all about Bey, what's she like?"

"I've met her before babe."

I waved her off, "I know, but we weren't even friends then so I couldn't gush with you."

"True, she's honestly incredible, like she's so down to earth and even though she's Beyoncé, she introduces herself like she doesn't expect everyone to know her. And she has this calming energy, Solange is actually the intimidating one. But she's also calming. And their voices are so soothing."

"That must be a southern thing because you're intimidating but super calming too."

"Thanks," she laughed. "Thing is, I met them together, so I was scared shitless the entire time, but by the end of the conversation, I felt like I was talking to people I had known forever. And she has stellar memory, I'm surprised she remembered my name."