Chapter Forty Two

A/n: Lmao, you guys crack me up 😂

Merci du fond du cœur Normani. Tu m'as fait le cadeau le plus précieux. ~ Thank you from the bottom of my heart Normani. You have given me a precious gift. 

Ta gueule ~ shut up.

Va te fair foutre ~ fuck you.

For the most part, I won't use deep ass French, and I will mix it with English so you can still figure out what they're saying.

Also the paragraph at the beginning  of this Chapter is twinkle, twinkle little star. And to the people who pm'd me asking why Normani is suddenly speaking French, when Normani and Louis first met, she told him that she speaks French fluently. Also the name of the magazine is French.

-

Brille, brille, petite étoile,
Je me demande qui es-tu?
Au-dessus du monde si haut,
Comme un diamant au ciel.
Brille, brille, petite étoile,
Je me demande qui es-tu?

I smiled when Noah's eyes began to flutter as he desperately tried to fight sleep. He started squirming, and his grip on my t-shirt tightened as I adjusted so that I was holding him upright. After putting on some music, I sat down in the rocking chair that was positioned next to the window that we could watch the sun rise and set over the city.

"Coucher de soleil," I murmured, "that's sunset in French and à couper le souffle means breathtaking. So put them all together and ce coucher de soleil est à couper le souffle. This sunset is breathtaking. Just like you my love."

I continued rocking him for a little while after he fell asleep before putting him in his bassinet. "Sleep well."

I took the baby monitor downstairs and decided that I was going to bake. After getting all the ingredients that I needed for everything that I wanted to make out, I started off by mixing sugar and butter.

–Flashback–

"Why are you here Normani?"

"I just wanted to get away from everyone and everything, and find some peace."

"And you came all the way to India to do that?" she quirked an eyebrow and leaned forward, an uncharacteristic curiosity taking over her.

I nodded, "Yeah well a yoga retreat seemed like a really good idea. But so far I've failed to 'empty my mind', and I've gotten Delhi Belly."

She stood and held her hand. "Come with me."

"Okay," I stood, accepting her outstretched hand. She led me through a few hallways until we were finally out of the center. We didn't stop until we got to an empty house. "Why are we here?"

"We're going to bake," Indigo answered simply. "Wash your hands, grab that apron and meet me in the kitchen."

We started off working in silence and after an hour, there was nothing left to do but let the dough rise, so we sat in the small kitchen and Indigo made us both some tea.

"I love baking bread from scratch, because it's all about the dough. It sets the pace and demands only patience. And you can't cheat it either."

"I've never actually baked bread, but my mother used to do it when I was a kid."

She nodded, "What are you running from?"

I started to say something when I suddenly thought better of it. "Who says I'm running."

"It's written all over your face Normani. It's also why you're struggling to find peace. Because you're running from something and trying to