Chapter Thirty Two

Normani's friends were already at the bar when we got there. They waves us over and we had to join a few tables so we'd all fit. By the looks of it, people were already tipsy, if not drunk and they had already begun signing up for the karaoke part of the night.

For the time being, a surprisingly okay band played music in the background. Apparently they were well known in this club because even Choie and Miche sang along to some of their songs.

I noticed Normani and Regina walk into the bar first, probably because I was specifically looking for them. When Normani smiled me, I forgot for a moment that we were around people. As soon as they got to our table, Normani kissed my cheek.

"Hey beautiful," she murmured. "Did you have a good night?"

"I did, did you?"

She showed me her nails which had stickers on them. "I almost let her convince me to dye my hair blue again."

"It'll look so cool Mani," Regina said as they sat down.

"Not happening, but nice try Little Hansen."

Regina grinned, "wait if I'm Little Hansen, what are Seth and Junior?"

"Tiny Hansen and Baby Hansen, Duh. Your other nickname is DW Hansen. Naki is OG Hansen, Dinah's Bae Hansen, Mila's Cool Hansen, Vaka's Boy Hansen and Hoi is Man Bun Hansen or Hansen with the good hair."

"I would just like to point out that Normani thinks I'm the cool Hansen."

We ended up ordering food while everyone decided what songs they were singing. I ended up mostly just watching Normani. She was smiling and laughing, which in many ways was more unnerving than her reacting the way that she had been every time she saw her friends.

"You're staring babe."

"My mom always said I liked looking at pretty things."

She smiled, "then you should spend more time looking in the mirror."

"How do you always one up me? How?"

"I've been alive longer, so I had more time to perfect my craft."

"Are you going to sing with me? Well us?"

Normani smiled, "what's in it for me?"

"I'll let you do that thing that you wanted to do to me yesterday," I whispered.

"I'll even serenade you if you want?"

"We don't have to do all that babe, just sing with me."

"Deal."

"Alright up next we've got Lauren's Angels."

I nudged Normani, "I think that's us?"

Ally and Lauren were already on stage picking out a song. Normani picked up two mics and handed me one. "So what song are we singing?"

"You know this one right?"

Normani laughed, "yeah we do. So we just pick a color and sing that one right?"

"Just go with whatever color your mic is?"

"So what song is it?" I asked once I was done untangling my mic.

"You'll see," she answered with a smile. "Let's go."

I started laughing as soon as the music began.

He know I keep it ready on the regular
So I don't have to get ready, ain't no setting up
When I give it, I make sure I give more than enough, yeah
He know, he know this, he know, he know this