Chapter Eleven

I groaned, I had been reading the same line for ten minutes while Normani seemed to be more productive. She had been editing articles and looking through the weekly analytics for the site all while bobbing to the reading playlist that I had created. I put my book aside and crossed my legs.

"Read," Normani said, shooting me a look. I went back to the book for exactly ten minutes before I started staring at Normani again. She was lying across the couch with her laptop on the coffee table, while she looked through the articles and analytics that she had printed out before we left the office. I straddled the back of her legs and began massaging her shoulders while she ignored me.

My hands gradually moved lover whilst Normani looked at graphs that I had never seen before until I was drawing patterns on her back. One minute I was sitting up and the next, my back was on the couch and my arms were pinned at my sides.

"Dinah..."

"Kiss me."

Normani kissed me, ignoring the notifications that were coming from her phone until I eventually got tired of hearing the message notifications go off repeatedly that I reached over and picked it up. The older woman moved her lips to my neck while one of her other hands slipped underneath my top.

"Who is it?"

"Huh?"

She smirked, "why is my phone going off?"

"Oh, uhm... it's your group chat... with your friends. They're uh, they're talking about Stranger things, but it's a season that you've already seen."

"And what," kiss, "has that," kiss, "got to do with me?"

"I guess nothing," I mumbled as I pulled her body down onto mine and connected our lips once more. This time, she left marks on my neck and I was thankful that I didn't have to work tomorrow and I wouldn't see my friends till I got back after the holidays.

Normani pulled away suddenly. "Okay, I'm going to sit over here and you stay there."

"What?" I asked as I went to sit beside her, despite knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Are you okay?"

"For my sanity's sake, if you do stay over tonight, we should sleep in separate rooms."

"I can't, we're having this Christmas dinner thing, plus I have to pack after and there's stuff that I need to pick up. Maybe we can do something tomorrow morning?"

She made a face, "I have a meeting tomorrow morning then I have to head to the airport right after."

"Why didn't you tell me? Have you packed―"

"Hansen do I look like someone who leaves things till the last minute? I packed yesterday, I checked in online today and everything I need is printed out. All I need to pack is the work stuff then I'm good to go."

"Okay I obviously need to do better in my own life. But anyway, I should get going now then. You deserve a night of undisturbed sleep."

Normani laughed, "thank you. Okay Jax is out front waiting for you."

"I know I take cabs and ubers all the time, but it's weird when the person driving you is like a driver."

"Cab drivers and uber drivers are also drivers. It's kind of in their job description."

I rolled my eyes, "no but like, Jax is your personal driver, black car, partition and everything. It's just weird and I don't think it's something I'll ever fully be used to."

"It's an adjustment. Unless I'm in LA, I drive myself around everywhere I go. I actually enjoy driving, probably because I don't get to do it that often."