Chapter Six

Shivers shot up my spine as Dinah kissed me. We had both been so tired that we ended up falling asleep when we got home. But she was making up for the missed make out session now. "You're really good at that."

"It's one of my many talents," I said smugly. "And I do it better when I like kissing the person that I'm kissing."

"We'll come back to you kissing people that you don't like, but what I'm hearing is that you like kissing me."

I laughed. "Maybe I do."

"So... you said we'd talk in the morning, and the sun is out."

"Deal's a deal."

She turned and lay on her back. "Well first things first, as I said in way too many words yesterday, I like you. And in the midst of us kissing, we never really established whether this vibe is all in my head and whether you like me that way."

"It's all in your head, I made out with you last night and this morning because I was bored."

"Mani..."

"Of course I like you that way and the vibe is definitely there. I was attracted to you while you were still my assistant."

Dinah smiled, "so that's why you were mean to me."

"I was not mean to you because I was attracted to you. I wasn't mean to you at all, well most of the time. But yes, I like you. That doesn't change the fact that I don't know that I can or want to fall in love again."

"How about we take things one step at a time? Let's date and take things slow. If at some point you feel like you really don't want to do this anymore then you can walk away and we can say we tried. And don't feel pressured to answer me now? I know it isn't as simple as just us dating like normal because of work so take your time and feel free to make out with me, no strings attached in the meantime."

I laughed, "Okay, I'll think about it, and maybe make out with you in the meantime. So we're doing yoga today?"

"Yeah but we're doing something else beforehand which is why I woke you up early."

"I thought you just wanted to make out with me." Dinah rolled her eyes but she didn't push me away when I leaned in to kiss her. "What are we doing before the yoga?"

"It's a surprise and we're going with my sisters and their boyfriends. Don't bother asking them, I told them not to tell you. I don't want you backing out beforehand."

"How will this secret activity help me lose control exactly?"

"You'll see."

After breakfast with her family and a walk with Duke and Ryder, the six of us set off. Fetu and Funaki were driving with Kamila and Vaea, which left Dinah and I alone. I understood why she didn't tell me what we were doing when we got there. I would have said no. I accepted humans flying in planes because for the most part it's safe. But humans choosing to jump out of the relative safety of airplanes was stupid and reckless and idiotic. And I was going to do it because I didn't want to look like a punk in front of her siblings.

After signing in, we went to get fitted for our harnesses and also met our tandem instructors for the dive. I took comfort in the fact that my instructor seemed completely at ease as he told me what to expect during the jump.

"Okay so real talk, do I need to call my lawyer now and update my will?"

Ben laughed, "no you don't, I'm guessing you got outvoted?"

"More like tricked, and I'm not a punk so I'm going to do it obviously. But I just want to make sure that I don't have to start thinking of ways to haunt my friend after I die."