Chapter Thirty Five

Monday
"Last but not least, social media, you said you had an idea for me?"

"Yes, we want to do a weekly La Sienne's best dressed. We'll post two to three of the best outfits in the office that week every Friday

Normani grinned, "you just want an excuse to post me all the time don't you?"

"Challenge accepted," Beck said with a laugh. 

"Alright I like that idea, maybe we can expand it and every Wednesday you post New York's best dressed. Could be some random person on the street, could be a celebrity, or it could be me, who knows?"

Raina laughed, "I can't tell if you're bragging or campaigning to be posted."

"I'm definitely bragging," Normani laughed. "Alright, meeting adjourned, let's get back to work beautiful people."

I was the last to leave, and Normani was still seated at the head of the table. "Hey—wait am I allowed to talk to the best dressed woman in the whole world?"

She rolled her eyes, "I'm sorry who are you peasant?"

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood today," I laughed. "Are you free tonight? I was thinking we could go out and grab dinner—"

Normani's phone buzzed and she frowned as she looked at the message. Her eyes snapped up, and she stood as she looked around the office. 

"Mani, dinner?"

"Uhm," she frowned as she finally refocused on me. "I have to work late tonight, the issue needs to be done soon and I've got articles to edit and things to approve so rain check for tomorrow?"

"Yeah it's fine. I need to go and finish my article in that case."

She smiled, "yeah I need it by lunch. If these walls weren't made of glass I'd probably kiss you right now."

"I know a place where you can kiss me," I murmured as I walked away from her.

When I got to my desk, Normani still hadn't left the meeting room, and she was looking down at her phone again, a crease in her brow so deep that it seemed permanently etched in. I figured it was work, and she was about to have a bad day, so I sent her one of the pictures I'd taken last night.

A smile instantly made its way to her face, and the text I received back was a detailed description of everything she'd do to me when we were alone.

"Stop sexting at work," Lauren whispered as she lid past my desk in her chair.

"You're a child!" I whispered yelled back before putting my phone away.

Wednesday
Normani looked confused when I walked into her office. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, "why do you seem surprised to see me?"

Her desk was unusually messy, I noticed a picture of her peeking out from underneath a stack of papers and I picked it up, smiling when I saw that it was actually one of us. "When did we take this?"

"I don't even remember, I just had it and I decided to print it," Normani answered quickly, she stood, jaw clenched and eyebrows furrowed as she held her hand out for the picture. I handed it to her and she placed it inside a drawer that she locked. Odd. "I have to work late again, plus I'm waiting for a call from LA. Why don't you go to my place, here's my card, order whatever you want and I'll be home soon?".

"Whatever I want?" I asked with a smile.

Normani laughed, "whatever you want beautiful."

"Normani I've got those articles for you," Paige said as she walked in immediately without knocking. "Oh hi Dinah Jane. You look really nice today."