Chapter Twelve

I was starting to doze off when I heard someone screaming my name. For a moment, I lay still as I stared up at the ceiling fan; I had barely slept since we got home on Saturday morning because it was either too loud or someone needed me for something

"Dinah come get this big ass package before I open it!"

"Hoi can you get it for me!"

I heard him mutter something from the next room but a minute later, he actually went downstairs to get it for me. I was starting to fall asleep again when he kicked my door open and carried the neatly wrapped boxes into my room.

"Thank you."

"You owe me," he muttered as he walked out.

I FaceTimed Normani once I had shut my door and checked my reflection to make sure I didn't look weird. "Hey Mani, Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas to you too Hansen. What are you up to?"

"I am about to open your gift well gifts," I answered. "How did you get them to deliver on Christmas?"

"I had them delivered to my friend's place and then someone picked it up from there this morning and delivered it to your house. I didn't what you peaking before Christmas. You look tired Hansen, what's up?"

"Thanks jerk, that's sort of the aesthetic I was going for. Chic fatigue."

She laughed, "no, I mean you rock it well but you look like you've had a long day, and it's only 7 am your time."

"Well yeah... I haven't really slept much. But it's fine. Anyway, you said this wasn't a big thing. But it's huge."

"No, I said it wasn't expensive, there's a difference. C'mon open them."

I moved to the floor and put my laptop down so that she could see what I was doing while I unwrapped the first box. Kamila and Regina came into my room and basically took over the FaceTime call and unwrapping the boxes.

"Oh my gosh this is so cute! Look at Seth and G," Regina gushed as she showed me the picture of the two of them laughing before handing it to Kamila who was presently on FaceTime with Normani.

I picked up one of the boxes that was underneath the others and I moved to sit on my bed while I unwrapped it. Despite it being specially marked with my name, I don't know why, but I hadn't expected a picture of just me, well me and the dogs; one that she had taken when I wasn't aware that she was even taking a picture.

Normani| 07:32:
You okay Hansen?

Dinah| 07:32:
Yeah I'm just looking at the picture of me with Ryder and Duke

Normani| 07:33:
Yeah I really liked that one too. We'll hopefully have an uninterrupted phone call at some point.

I smiled, when I looked at my laptop, she was listening attentively while Regina talked about a boy at school that she clearly had a crush on. Mila came to sit beside me on the bed. She picked up the picture of me and smiled.

"This is beautiful, she's actually really good."

"She is."

"Mani when did you take these?" Regina asked.

"I didn't take all of them, I got the ones of you and your siblings from your family's IG because y'all stay fighting and I couldn't get a proper picture of any of you when you were together. But uh, I took the rest when I was there for thanksgiving."