Chapter 13

━━❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"They're all around you."

Your eyes widened as you looked up to see hundreds of dolls, they all had the same features as your schoolmates. One doll quickly caught your eye, Yashiro's friend, Aoi. Her body was still, and her face has been covered by a white sheet of paper that read in Japanese Kanji, "two".

"Aoi!" Yashiro ran to her friend's side, tears filling her eyes as she fell to the doll's side.

"Wake up, Aoi! Please!" Yashiro begged, shaking her friend's shoulders. The doll didn't respond, it didn't even move.

Helpless, Yashiro shook the doll more. She continued to shake it until the head of the doll had fallen off. The head slipped off the shoulders and fell into the shallow water.

"It's just failure after failure. I've had enough." The Second Wonder spoke, her face still dark with disappointment.

The woman stepped behind Yashiro and with a swift motion, summoned her scissors.

"I'll do as the rumors say and tear you apart, too."

Without any time to think, Kou blocks the scissors with his arm, deflecting the blade away from him and Yashiro. You sigh a breath of relief and decide on making your way over to them to see if they were alright, but the abrupt yell from Kou said otherwise.

"Hey, what the hell is this?!"

Looking at Kou, you notice that his usual human arm has turned into a fluffy doll's arm. Misaki raised her scissors again, preparing for another lethal attack on both Kou and Yashiro.

With another flash of light, the attack had been diverted again, but this time by Hanako's knife. You stood protectively in front of Yashiro, but your troubled eyes couldn't help but look over at Kou's arm.

"Kou-Kun... do you think you'll be okay? You shouldn't stress that arm too much with fighting."

"Ah! It's n-nothing I can't handle. So don't worry about it too much, Senpai!" Kou blushed bashfully as he tried to hide the woolen arm. Your concerns didn't lessen, but you decided to hold it in until after the threat had passed.

"Well, now we know what those scissors do. They seem to turn humans into dolls when contact is made..." You studied Misaki's weapon carefully, finally able to see it without any extra factors in the way.

"Aww, man. What are we going to do about this?!" Kou exclaimed,

"Oh, I know! Y/N-Senpai, aren't you a Sourukonekutā? Can't you ask her to stop?"

You smiled shyly and revealed your cut and bruised palms. Kou opened his mouth to voice his tremendous concern, but the abrupt sound of Hanako's knife deflecting another attack stopped him.

"Hanako! Can't you transform like before and blow it away?"

"I can't. Without her permission, I can't use Haku-joudai's power."

Hanako pointed the tip of his knife towards the Second Wonder, a serious look masking his face as he spoke.

"Our predicament can change if we break her Yorishiro, but it looks like it isn't here."