Chapter 3

━━°•°°•°━━ 

"A Field!"

There the three of you stood, at the gardening club's practice garden.

"Wow... I've only seen the school's garden through the windows. It's much more breathtaking in person."

You smiled to yourself as you watch a butterfly gently land on your finger.
Yashiro nodded and smiled at you.

Yashiro had explained that she's a part of the gardening club and that her special skill is gardening.

Although Hanako seemed a bit... Uncomfy with the idea. You found it extremely fascinating.

"I wish I had a green thumb like you Nene-chan... Everything I come in contact with dies..." You sigh as you watch the butterfly fly away from your finger.

The other two give you a sympathetic look.

"Y/N-chan..."

Yashiro reached out to you but you quickly flash her a warm smile.

"It's okay Nene-Chan! I'll feel much better if I watch you garden."

Your quick change of mood causes the other two to smile back at you, you take this chance to place the attention back on Yashiro.

"Nene-Chan... Why exactly did you start gardening?"

Yashiro's smile faltered a bit, but she didn't seem sad in the slightest. She leaned on her gardening tool as she proceeded to answer.

"Well... It's because a boy I used to have a crush on once said he liked " feminine" girls. Someone more like you, Y/N."

You frowned a bit, but let her continue.

"So I started to cook and sew. Once I became good at all of that, I'd confess to him..."

She stared into space as she thought, you watched her quietly, waiting for her to finish.

Suddenly she crouches down to the floor, covering her face in her hand.

"That's all in the past now! I'm completely over it!"

You and Hanako-Kun crouched down beside her. You smiled apologetically while Hanako refuted her claim.

"I'm completely obsessed with Minamoto-senpai now! I'll get a wonderful person like him to return my love and prove that I'm too good for that guy!"

Lost in thought after her words, Y/N slowly tunes out the outside world.

I feel so bad for Nene-Chan... She's such a nice person, and yet, someone treated her like that.

If something like that were to happen to me, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself.

But why do I somehow feel connected to her soul when she speaks of her past? I thought I could only connect with spirits...

You are suddenly brought out of your thoughts when you notice Hanako-Kun stand up and hand something to Yashiro.

"Here."

You and Yashiro look at the heart-shaped message card and pen in her hands.

"Give your senpai this along with something you grew. I call it Operation: Present!"

You smile and stand up grabbing Yashiro gently by her hands to pull her up as well.

"But I've tried that already..."