Chapter 27

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"Boy... Y/N... What is that?"

After listening to Kou's instructions, you helped him tie up this pink-haired apparition and both agreed to take him to Hanako-kun. Yashiro was there with him, dressed in her normal bathroom cleaning attire.

"We caught an evil spirit making trouble at the junior high entrance!" Kou announced, putting a peace sign up proudly.

"We weren't sure what to do with him though. So we brought him to you!" You beamed.

'I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this pink apparition... On one hand, he seems harmless.

But on the other... I feel some dangerous energy lingering.'

You couldn't exactly place a finger on it, but you knew from previous experiences that your intuition was not wrong. Additionally, you couldn't tell whether or not Kou felt this energy too, so you felt inclined to protect him if anything were to happen.

"Aren't you going to get rid of him?" Hanako asked nonchalantly.

"I... stopped doing that."

"I thought there might be another way to work things out!" Kou waved his free arm, which wasn't gripping the pink apparition, enthusiastically.

"Another way, huh?" Hanako glided over to the frightened apportion, who flinched at his close proximity.

After a short moment of silence, Hanako turns away from him, shrugging his shoulder.

"Well, he's here because he has regrets, right? Why not do something about those?"

"Of course! That makes things easy!" Kou agrees, before tightening his grip on the boy and grabbing your hand enthusiastically.

"Let's get going, Y/N-Senpai! We need to take care of all of the evil spirit's regrets!"

Before you could agree, two arms snake loosely around your neck. A slightly weightless body presses against your back.

"Y/N can stay here, it could be dangerous." He tugged on you, your grasp on Kou's hand almost slipping if not for him tugging you back.

"Get your grubby hands off her! She's coming with me... Right, Senpai?"

"Ah..."

You didn't want to turn down Hanako, but you really wanted to tag along with Kou. Unsure of what to do, you turn to Yashiro for help.

Thankfully, she pulls you away from both of the boys, deadpanning.

"Could you two let her decide and not cling to her all shamelessly?"

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

Much to his annoyance and Kou's delight, you choose to help Kou. In some sort of friend telepathy, you thank Yashiro for helping you out before setting off down the hallway.

After some time, you crouch down next to Kou and the teary-eyed apparition next to a staircase. Kou takes this as a chance to peel off the tape that was covering the boy's mouth.

"Now, tell me every regret you've got!"

"We'll take care of them all so you can pass on!"

The boy mumbles something under his breath at first, causing Kou to look down at him with confusion.

"Shut up, lame-ass, traffic safety earring." He said loudly, every word dripping with venom.

"Traffic Safety my ass! Was there a crash in your brain?!"

"Spin around a hundred times and drop dead!"

"Huh...?" Kou sweatdropped.

The boy continued to speak irritably as he stood up, glaring at the two of you.

"Hey... I know you're upset, but you shouldn't talk to him like that..." You tried to reason, but that only made his glare sharpen.

"Oh, I get it! You guys are one of those weird couples! You took advantage of my weakness and decided to go and have your way with me..."

Kou's face paled at the boy's accusation, while you only became more confused.

"You perverts! Dumbasses!!"

"I know 'cause I'm a cute ghost, you wanna get rough! Like in porn!" He whines, tears flowing out of his eyes.

The words he uses completely fly over your head as he continues. You're not sure how to react to the situation, but looking at Kou's expression, you guess that what's being said is shocking.

'But... why does he keep on using the word 'porn'? What does it mean..?' You decided to keep these questions to yourself, thinking it was probably another insult.

After some time, the pink apparition falls to the ground again, seemingly out of breath from all of the insults he threw.

Despite his insults and wailing, you felt pretty bad. It was wrong of you to tie him up and drag him around in the first place.

"Are you alright now...?" You reach out for him, but the glare he gives you is a good reason not to.

"You..." He mumbles, an annoyed look on his face.

You feel a soft tug on your sleeve as Kou pulls you close, placing a hand up to his mouth as he whispers.

"We shouldn't show weakness to an evil spirit, Senpai..."

Kou then steps in front of you, showing his staff as he looks down at the apparition. You decided to match his serious gaze, placing your hands on your hips.

"My name's Minamoto Kou. I'm the second son of an ancient clan of exorcists."

"And my name is L/N Y/N. I'm a soul connector!"

You both state your identities confidently, showing authority over the ghost boy. But all he does is scoot farther away, looking weirded out.

"Exorcists? Soul Connector? Whoa... You guys have been watching way too much anime...."

"Creepy!"

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━