Chapter 4

━━°•°°•°━━

"Explain! Explain of I'll swallow it!"

"O-Okay, Okay!"

"Those are mermaid scales. Those who swallow those scales will become cursed, but also united by a strong--"

Hanako is interrupted by the sound of Yashiro swallowing the Mermaid scale.

"Yashiro! I said not to swallow it! You'll be cursed."

You walked closer towards Yashiro, slightly intrigued but mostly worried.

"Yashiro... You shouldn't have soon that. What if you get hurt?"

"I don't mind!"

Yashiro held her hands close to her chest and spoke. She looked serious about her claim.

"If it means Minamoto-senpai will return my feelings, I don't mind being cursed or hurt!"

"Hanako-Kun, you did have the right items after all! Hanako-san you're..."

"A liar!"

You watched as Yashiro ran away, you have never seen a person so upset. The growing feeling in your heart caused you to retract the outstretched hand you reached toward her.

"Nene-chan..."

You turn towards Hanako-Kun, his face looked unreadable.

"I should go find her..."

You try to run after her, but a cold hand grabs onto your wrist.

"Let here be. She'll find out soon enough.."

He looked down at your hand, squeezing your arm just a bit, as if he was checking something.

"Why did you visit me? You don't want a wish to be granted... And yet, all of today your aura felt like it was missing something."

"Why won't you wish for that missing thing?"

You looked down at your shoes and sighed. Gently taking both of his hands in yours, you smiled apologetically.

"I'll explain it to you later, but first we need to go see if Yashiro is alright! I promise afterward I'll answer any question you ask me..."

━━°•°°•°━━

"We finally found you! I was so worried Nene-Chan."

You peered into the fish tank containing your friend, relieved that you found her in time.

"Mhm! A little longer and you would've dried out. I've got everything ready for you Yashiro."

Your eyes followed Hanako carrying Yashiro to the mirror, showing that she is a fish.

"Ta-da!"

It took a few moments for Yashiro to understand the situation, but when she did, she splashed around in the tank in a panicked state.