Chapter 8

━━❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"Y/N-Chan! Thank you for letting me borrow the rest of your candy. You must have a sweet tooth if you carry so much around."

Looking up from your book, you hum in agreement. Thanks to You and Yashiro's help, you've successfully been able to change the rumor about Yousei-san.

"I wouldn't call it a sweet tooth... I just have friends who take candy as offerings!"

You, Yashiro, and Hanako were spending the afternoon on the school rooftop. Yashiro talked to Hanako about her fantasies of her dream man falling from the sky while you studied the clouds in the sky.

"I wish a hot guy would fall from the sky..."

You and Hanako both turned to her, your face was a bit more confused while Hanako's face was unreadable.

"Yashiro..."

"I'm not serious. I can tell the difference between reality and fiction."

"Actually..." You spoke up, pointing towards the blue sky.

"I've seen good looking guys fall from the sky all the time. Sometimes they even land in my house!"

The other two deadpanned, they couldn't tell if you were being serious or not. But what you said was true, sometimes spirits will get lost and fall through the roof of your house. Most of the time they're young boys.

"Plus, we already know of apparitions and things like that. So I don't think that it isn't possible.."

"Ah! Y/N-Chan! You're right! Something like a special encounter wouldn't be out of the ordinary."

You leave the two to chat about Yashiro's daydream and turn back the clouds.

I feel another soul lurking... I think it's a human soul. But their spiritual power is pretty strong.

I wonder what they could be...

"I've finally found you, evil spirit!"

You look up to find a blond-haired boy, you couldn't see him too well due to the light but he looked to be holding an... Umbrella? He stood on top of the higher roof, then jumped down dramatically.

"I'm Kamome Academy Junior High, third year... Minamoto Kou. Remember that on your way to the underworld!"

You place your finger on your chin in thought as you analyze the boy. You've never felt spirit energy quite like his. It was intriguing to you.

You gently tap Hanako's shoulder, curiosity prominent in your eyes.

"Hanako-Kun, do you know him? His spirit energy is different from other humans..."

"We've never met in person, but he must be a member of the Minamoto clan."

"Minamoto-clan?" Yashiro chimes in, looking equally as curious as you.

"Yes, back when the darkness of night was fad deeper than it is now, we apparitions used to be called youkai. We were way stronger than we are now."

"The youkai were dispelled by the brilliant exorcist Minamoto no Yorimitsu, this boy's ancestor."

You turn to the blond-haired boy, eyes twinkling with astonishment. You've never met an exorcist before, you've only read books about them.

"That's right! I see you know your stuff."

He points his weapon at Hanako, you can now assume that what he's holding must be the tool he exorcises spirits with.