Chapter 28

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

 "So, what's an 'exorcist' (LOL) with a lame-ass traffic-safety earring and a bland-ass 'soul connector' (Mega LOL),  want with me?"

The pink boy questioned, looking between the two of you with a grin.

"It's 'Kou' and 'Y/N'"! Kou stated, irritation dripping from his voice.

"Lame-ass traffic-safety earring pervert."

You glared at the pink-haired boy, taking a step forward without a word.

"Don't get rough with me..." He whimpered, but you could tell that he was just acting.

In one swift movement, you grabbed him by his cheek; pinching him with a vice-like grip.

"I don't want to hurt you... So tell us your name and your regrets. Do you understand?" You mumbled darkly, trying your best to look as intimidating as you could.

"Ouch! I'm sorry! I'm soooorry!"

This always works on the rowdier ghosts!  It's a shame that I have to hurt them for them to listen...

With a smile, you let go. You didn't notice, but a certain blonde boy behind you mumbled "She's so cool...!" before quickly clearing his throat.

"What's your name?" Kou asked.

"Mitsuba."

"What grade?"

"..."

"What grade did you die in?"

"Humph..."

"What are your regrets?"

 After answering the first question, Mitsuba kept silent and ignored the following inquires. 

Still keeping on your innocent smile, you gripped the boy again by the cheek, at the same time Kou grabbed a hold of Mitsuba's sweater; positioning the apparition banishing staff over him.

"Photography! It's photography!" Mitsuba yelled in fear.

"Photography?" You and the blonde ask simultaneously, letting go of the pink apparition.

"Probably... I don't know what to say when you ask me about my regrets out of nowhere."

"But there was a photo I wanted to take before I died... I think."

"If you're really going to help me do what I never got a chance to, then go get my camera. It was donated to the photography club." 

As Mitsuba finished speaking, you could feel a small tug somewhere. 

Hm? That feeling just then felt like a connection to a soul...

But, I can't sense the soul I'm meant to be connected to nor can I see the actual chain link...

You pulled slightly at your chest where you sensed the tug. Your eyes flickered to Mitsuba, who wasn't looking at you but was seemingly gripping his chest as well.

His soul is connected to mine. It may be a thin and invisible chain... but it's something!

Suddenly you were pulled out of your thoughts by the warm feeling of Kou's hand on yours. Without much warning, he pulls you down the hall.