Chapter 25

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"Huh? You're giving me donuts? Me!? For real?!"

"All right~!!"

The young apparition smiled with absolute glee after you gifted him the treats Yashiro, Kou and you had made. He danced around happily, raising the donuts over his head as if they were a grand prize.

"Does it make you that happy...?" Yashiro mumbled with a curious look, turning to pour some tea into a cup.

Placing down a book you had been reading while waiting for Yashiro to set up the mini picnic, you smiled warmly. "I'm glad you like it!"

"I love it! Plus... You two are acting normal today."

"Normal..? How?" Yashiro placed the cup down and turned to Hanako, confused.

Hanako looked down with a soft smile, avoiding eye contact with either of you.

"You guys have been acting kind of weird lately..."

You and Yashiro glanced at each other with worried looks. Without saying a word, the two of you stood up and made your way to Hanako with determined looks.

"You're a ghost, Hanako-kun. You're already dead. And you're different from normal people in a lot of other ways." Yashiro began.

"I know it's too late for this, but we were giving that some serious thought..."

"And honestly, you're kind of a pain." You finished, flashing off your most radiant smiles.

As if he was physically attacked by your blunt words, Hanako jolted back, falling to the floor from the pain.

"W-Well, I won't deny it..." He mumbled.

"But you know? That's fine. We decide what we want to do, so no matter how much trouble you are...!" Yashiro spoke, looking down at the boy with a committed look. You mirrored her expression, crouching to his level.

"We like you, Hanako-kun!" The two of you spoke in unison.

"So, we're going to stick by you!" You said innocently.

"A-As friends, of course! You're totally not my type! And d-don't even think about pulling Y/N-chan into something like that either!" She shuddered at the idea, pulling you away from Hanako slightly, with a protective aura.

"Oh, okay." Hanako nodded absentmindedly, looking at you with wide eyes.

To you, he seemed taken aback by the sudden confession. His golden eyes peered into your (e/c) ones, and without another word, you gave him a reassuring smile.

He did, however, appear a little reluctant. He kept his genuine emotions hidden once more, but you weren't offended or worried this time.

Take all the time you need, Hanako-kun!

You thought to yourself happily, reaching for your book once again.