Chapter 16

━━°•°°•°━━ 

After your trip to the Misaki realm, everything seemingly returned to normal.

"NOOOO!!!"

 Well, you wouldn't exactly call it normal... But Yashiro's outburst during class wasn't something out of the ordinary, to you at least.

"Huh...?"

Your fellow classmates and teacher, however, are a bit different from you. They looked at the poor girl with curious and confused looks, earning a timid apology afterward.

Ah.., Poor Nene-chan. She must have been daydreaming again.

 ━━°•°°•°━━

"Ah... That was so embarrassing."

You walked beside Yashiro as you helped her out with the garden, today, most of the students are out practicing on how to plant. You defiantly did not like the idea, but helping out Yashiro was your top priority, as her friend and her assistant.

"Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure everyone has forgotten about it already."

You smiled, hoping to lift the solemn girl's spirits a bit. It seemed to work as you felt her would energy brighten a bit.

"It's been a month since we met Hanako-Kun. I don't think a single good thing has happened to me since."

You hummed, taking in Yashiro's words. Slowly drifting into your inner thoughts.

She could be right... There had been plenty of times just this month where she had almost lost her life. Not to mention that she is still cursed by the mermaid scales.

On the other hand, nothing really bad has happened to me... At least I don't think so.

You thought back to what Hanako told you.  His words never left your mind, they still gnaw at the back of your mind. Itching to take control.

"You need to be more careful... You've officially become a Sourukonekutā."

It didn't feel like any other warning he had given you, his soul felt much heavier as if it was something greatly serious. But, if that was the case, why wouldn't he tell you?

Doesn't Hanako-Kun trust me...? Does he think I'm too weak to understand?

I honestly can't tell with him, the soul connection I have with him... It- it isn't normal.

"No! There was nothing good about that!"

Yashiro's abrupt outburst yanked you from the depths of your thoughts, the sound of running water and the small water droplets on your cheek left you very confused.

"Nene-chan..."

Yashiro turned towards the sound of your voice, seemingly forgetting that you had been there. You wiped off some of the water droplets from your cheek with your gloved hand, leaving a bit of mud without noticing.