Prologue

━━°•°°•°━━

My father died a week before I was due for birth...
My mother died while giving birth to me... She didn't even get the chance to hold me.

When I was five, I told my aunt that I saw a tall man behind her, he was asking for something... I just couldn't understand what it meant.
"Let me pass on." How was a five-year-old supposed to understand that?
I constantly told my aunt about it, she dismissed me, day after day. The man soon left, and more came. As if they were looking for me.
My aunt began to whisper to our guests.

"She's a disturbing child! I swear if I wasn't being paid to care for her...!"

Why did she hate me?

Why do I have to be cursed?

...

Why did she die from a heart attack a day later?

Now no one wants me. Now I'm all alone.

I live in a paid apartment by myself. My relatives never visit, but they send me money and food every month.

I can understand why. I'm a cursed child.

A cursed child that can see ghosts.

But why? I ask myself that question every day.

Then one day... I met a ghost. He was younger than I was but much wiser than me.

He told me that I was the chosen child, that I could bind the souls of the living and dead. That I could distort the barrier between the living and dead.

Now I understand why I was born. I understand my purpose.

One day I hope to thank that boy... I hope to see his face at least once, just one more time...

Maybe that's a bit selfish. He finally passed on, I should be happy to help him.

Hopefully, I'll continue to help those who have been forgotten, those who have been abandoned.

Those who are like me.

━━°•°°•°━━