Chapter 9

━━❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

You visited your local convenience store, buying a plethora of sweets as offerings for the spirits you'll visit today.

This was your daily routine, but you began to miss days the more and more you got caught up in something involving Hanako or Yashiro.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem a bit down today." A voice speaks out to you from behind.

You turn around to see one of the spirits you usually visit. His name is Akihiko Yoshikawa, he died not far from your house a few years ago, so you see him every day.

"Oh! Good afternoon Akihiko-Kun. Did you find what you've been looking for?"

He sighs and shakes his head, floating beside you he looks down at your feet as you walk.

"Not yet... But thanks to your map I think I'll find it soon. All this floating around isn't good for me."

He closes his eyes and stretches, you smile at him but it doesn't quite reach your eyes. Akihiko takes notice of this.

"Hey... Y/N are you alright? You still didn't answer my question."

"Don't be silly. I walk this route everyday. I doubt I'll ever get lost."

He floats in front of you and flicks your forehead, you mumble an ow and glare at him, this only makes him chuckle teasingly.

"No dummy... I meant that you look lost in thought."

Nodding your head, you continue to walk towards your home. He follows you closely, waiting for your reply.

"It's just that... I'm worried about my friend. He's--"

"He?! Y/N do you have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?"

You shake your head, smiling. "I don't. Actually, I'm pretty sure that he likes my friend. Their soul bond is unique and strong... I'd call them soulmates."

Akihiko nods in an understanding way and lets you finish.

"He was about to get exorcised today. It made me wonder about the things he needed to do to pass on."

Hanako-Kun's past is filled with pain... I could tell that much. If there are exorcists like Minamoto out there... What if he runs into a powerful one?

Will he be able to pull off what he did today?

I don't want to see Hanako-Kun unhappy... I want him to fulfill his duty...

Your thoughts are interrupted by the ring of your phone, you pull it out of your pocket to see that the person who was calling you was Yashiro.
"Yashiro? Is there something that you needed from me?"

Your friend sounded panicked on the phone, so you knew something was definitely wrong.

"Come to school quick! Something weird is happening and I don't know what to do!"

"Huh? What about Hanako-Kun?"

"I can't find him anywhere... maybe you can help me look for him?"

You hummed and told her that you'd be there soon. Hanging up, you smile apologetically at Akihiko and hand him a bag of sweets. He thanks you and you quickly run off in the direction of the school.

"I hope Nene-Chan and Hanako-Kun are okay..."

━━❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━