Chapter 12

━━°•°°•°━━

Ring~

The phone rang again, this time, Hanako answered.

"Ahem, Hello?"

"My left arm. Find my left arm for me."

The four of you crowded near to the phone, curiosity taking over the best of you as you listened.

"I pray before class every morning. I clap my left and right hands together, I pray for everyone to have another happy day. Hurry, class—"

Before the woman on the other side of the call could finish, Hanako chimes in, pulling the phone closer to his ear.

"Hey there, number two. Long time no see. You remember me... right?"

The woman went silent, then she spoke again.

"Class begins soon." Then, the line went silent, signaling that she had hung up.

Stepping away from the phone, the sound of the hourglass restoring could be heard from a distance.

"I guess this means we'll have to look for another arm..." Frowning, you place your hand on your cheek, holding your head in thought.

"Another arm hunt? What a pain... Hey, Hanako! Isn't there another way?"

"Like what?" Hanako blinked, confused by the other boy's query.

"Like, does number Two have some sort of weakness or something?"

"She does." Hanako smiles mysteriously as he begins to clarify further.

"Her Yorishiro."

Fascinated by the word you lean forward just a bit, eyes brightening in interest.

"They're precious objects that give power to the Seven Wonders."

"Umm... meaning?" Yashiro asked, still a bit perplexed.

"Well," Hanako reaches down to pluck a toy from one of the Mokke.

"I guess it's like batteries?" He opens the back of the toy and pulls out one of its batteries, in response the toy ceases moving and becomes limp.

"Breaking the Yorishiro will weaken the Wonder. She won't be able to maintain this boundary anymore."

"That's it!" Kou yells with enthusiasm,

"Where is this Norishiro thing?"

"Yorishiro." Both Yashiro and you correct him.

"Yeah, Yorishiro! Where is it?"

"In the deepest part of the Boundary."

"The deepest part?" You ask, gently rubbing your chin.

Looking up you notice that the end of the stairs is at the very top of the Boundary, you point towards it to call the others' attention.