Chapter 24

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

"I spoke to Amane in the Yorishiro's memory."

The room became quiet for a moment...

"WHAAAAAT!?"

Before complete chaos ensued.

"Y-You spoke to him?! What did he say? Was it scary? Did he hurt you?"

A flurry of worried and erratic questions simply flew out of Yashiro's mouth, but she wasn't the only one, Kou seemed surprised as well.

"You can interact with Yorishiro memories, Senpai?"

"Mhm, I was able to speak to Misaki before, but this time it felt different. Hanako-kun seemed to somehow know that I was there, it was as if he... knew me."

His fond smile burned itself into your memory, the connection you felt between you and him, it was unmistakable, pure fondness. But there was another underlying feeling between the two of you, something you couldn't fully understand.

"In the Yorishiro's memories, everything felt still. I couldn't sense anything at all. But deep down, I could still feel our connection somewhere. I felt his excitement and his pain."

"Hanako-Kun is our friend. I want to help him no matter what happens. But I'm still unsure on how to help..."

Yashiro's eyes widened, her magenta eyes scanning your [e/c] ones.

"Me too..."

"There's probably nothing I can do. I don't have powers like you or Minamoto-kun, but... I want to help him in any way I can."

"What should I do...?" She turned away from you and Kou, sniffling and wiping tears from her eyes.

Kou, who had been quiet for the most part, finally spoke up, putting down the chopsticks and walking over to the two of you with a smile.

"I'm with you."

"I wasn't sure either. Should I exorcise him, or not? What's the right thing to do? For now, instead of the right thing to do, I want to make up my mind on what I want to do."

He raised his calloused yet gentle hands up, a warm smile never leaving his face. 

"We all don't know what we should do. We really are birds of a feather, huh? Let's all try, together."

You returned his warm smile, tapping one of your hands on his. Yashiro quickly mirrored your expression, a bright smile taking over her once sad one. She tapped his hand as well, causing a satisfying 'smack'.

"Yeah!"

━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━

The three of you stood over the pile of piping hot donuts you created. You smiled in awe at the sight of the perfectly made treats.

"All right! They're done!" Kou yelled, wiping a bit of drool from his mouth.

Yashiro placed the last pink, cutely shaped, bear food pick in the donuts, and stepped back with an astonished expression.