Chapter 18

━━°•°°•°━━

After Yashiro's small outburst in the library, her unusual behavior left you questioning what exactly she thought was so important when she met that green-haired student. 

You had your own queries about the girl, of course. She knows of Hanako and even has a personal opinion of him. She also hinted at knowing another apparition like him, you're mind went haywire thinking about all of the possibilities as to who they might be.

From the moment you woke up, till now, questions flooded your mind like a cup that was continually under a running faucet. You hadn't even noticed how much you've been spacing out until Yashiro's voice pulled your attention.

"Aoi-chan, do you know about the 5th Wonder?"

 You look over your shoulder to see Yashiro and her close friend, Aoi. You subconsciously faced them, quietly listening to what Aoi had to say.

"I know that one!"

"You do?! What kind of rumor is it?"

Both you and Yashiro leaned in, blocking out any other outside noise.

"The fifth Wonder is the 4 o'clock library. The school library has a special repository that you can only enter at 4 PM."

"The books inside it have the names of people on them. They contain records of those people's time at this academy."

"What they've done and what they're going to do. Both the past and future are written in them."

At the end of her story, you couldn't help but gape in astonishment. You're eyes sparkled and a smile soon formed on your face.

"The past and the future... all inside one book? That's incredible!"

Aoi nods in agreement to your words, a smile forms on her face as well.

"Doesn't that make you curious? I might want to read other people's books, too."

Aoi leans in closely towards You and Yashiro, holding a finger to her mouth as she whispers.

"But... if you ever go to the 4 O'clock library, you have to be careful. The library has three types of books: white, black, and red."

"White books are records of living people. Black books are about people who have already died."

"And the red books?" Yashiro chimes in.

"They say the red books are the only ones you must not read..."

━━°•°°•°━━

"I'm glad you decided to join us, Kou-kun! We're sorry for pulling you into this as well."

You looked towards Kou with a bright yet apologetic expression. 

You, Yashiro, and Kou looked around the library for a book with Hanako's name on it.  It was originally supposed to be only you and Yashiro, but after telling Kou about your plan, he decided to join in.